Search found 380 matches
- Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:29 am
- Forum: Images du Jour
- Topic: My Attempt at a DIY Ionization Gauge
- Replies: 1
- Views: 122
It works! Collector at ground, grid at about +28V, filament biased to between +2V and +5V to prevent electrons from hitting the collector. The exact filament bias voltage needs to be adjusted to zero the gauge. Filament emission current is about 70 microamperes. Collector current is read out on the ...
- Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:35 am
- Forum: Vacuum Technology (& FAQs)
- Topic: Severe Outgassing Problems
- Replies: 7
- Views: 207
Note that methanol is rather toxic, so some people avoid using it altogether. When baking out, one problem is that evaporated vapor can then condense or adsorb onto a chamber wall that is at a lower temperature... where it can then outgas from.This is part of the reason for popularity of heating tap...
- Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:15 pm
- Forum: Ion Gun Design and Construction (& FAQs)
- Topic: Electrometers and Picoammeters
- Replies: 14
- Views: 395
There definitely are plenty of Electrometer grade opamps. I was asking how you get that invulnerabile vacuum tube goodness.