low price gas regulator

Every fusor and fusion system seems to need a vacuum. This area is for detailed discussion of vacuum systems, materials, gauging, etc. related to fusor or fusion research.
Jake Wells

low price gas regulator

Post by Jake Wells »

I have been looking for a hydrogen regulator and I came across Chris Bradley's discussion with Jamie Edwards about gas regulators he said "Any all-brass regulator should be fine with hydrogen, though you can't always tell what's inside it. But personally I'd be quite happy with something like : http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-CO2-ARGON-M ... 25790888fc. Was he correct would this be a good regulator for hydrogen?
“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.”
― Nikola Tesla
Richard Hull

Re: low price gas regulator

Post by Richard Hull »

This would be fine for a regulator. All none hydrogen regulators should have a small reservoir in the line that can be filled at about 2-5psi. once filled close the tank valve to the regulator so that it will not leak hydrogen from the tank. This is good practice even with a hydrogen rated regulator. Use the gas in the resrvoir for your fusor experiments.

I use a small CO2 cartridge silver soldered into my gas line after the regulator prior to the needle valve. I pump in 1-2 PSI from my oxygen regulator.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “Vacuum Technology (& FAQs)”