Thermocouple Gauge Socket

Every fusor and fusion system seems to need a vacuum. This area is for detailed discussion of vacuum systems, materials, gauging, etc. related to fusor or fusion research.
Erik smith

Thermocouple Gauge Socket

Post by Erik smith »

I am going to buy this thermocouple gauge for my fusor. The auction i am going to buy it from gave me these two pictures below. They only show the meter not the gauge socket. I looked in Ideal Vacuum Products and they show the gauge with the meter separately. Do i have to find my own socket and hook it up to the meter?
http://www.pchemlabs.com/product.asp?pid=2055
Dennis P Brown

Re: Thermocouple Gauge Socket

Post by Dennis P Brown »

Let's get a grip - thermocouple gauges (meters/cables/sensors) are very common on ebay; do you really need to fight wiring issues? Only you can answer that question.
Richard Hester

Post by Richard Hester »

Not a really big issue. One of those cables (3 wires, BLK, GRN, WHT) is for the AC power and ground. The other is for the gauge tube - it will need an octal socket. You can get an octal socket with hood from Ebay or one of the catalog distributors. A plain tube-style octal socket will also work if you don't mind covering up the wires with some tape or a big piece of heat shrink.

Edit - this is a gauge with a set-point relay You could put that to good use for perhaps turning on a diffusion pump (with a bigger relay) when the chamber pressure gets low enough.
John Futter

Post by John Futter »

Why is it that people still place oversize photos on the forum

use irfanview to resize/ resample to 768 X 1200 or whatever so the photos display without having to resort to dragging the window over two monitors to view.

this will also limit traffic to the site to keep costs / time to a minimum
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

I just gave up on trying to get folks to do this several years ago. When this happens to me and I can't see it all. I just ignore the entire post and image as there is truly nothing to see. Folks seem to have the idea that just because their camera has 10e50 pixels and the highest res is 68,000X152,000 that that is what they leave the camera set on.

I have a super high res camera, but leave it permenantly set to XVGA size and no higher. Only when I know I will go to print in a formal publication will I boost the resolution for that particular set of images and then return to normal XVGA settings.

Like John reiterated..........Lower your resolution on your camera or lower the size via digital alteration before posting.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Jerry Biehler

Post by Jerry Biehler »

Or someone turns on auto image-scaling in the forum software and you never have to worry about it again.

Return to “Vacuum Technology (& FAQs)”