Vacuum Gauge

Every fusor and fusion system seems to need a vacuum. This area is for detailed discussion of vacuum systems, materials, gauging, etc. related to fusor or fusion research.
Erik smith

Vacuum Gauge

Post by Erik smith »

I bought this thermo-couple gauge reader for my now broken dv6m gauge tube. The vacuum has a power cord and a octal socket but it comes with two extra XLR connections. Do i need a controller for this vacuum gauge or can i solder a power on it and turn it on?

John Futter

Re: Vacuum Gauge

Post by John Futter »

Sorry
erik

Ido not have a computer monitor a mile wide to see your pictures

learn how to resize resample in "irfanview" 1024 x768 is about right
Erik smith

Post by Erik smith »

Here are some better pictures. Does this gauge need a controller for it to work?

Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

If you have power coming in and a gauge tube socket I would think that you would not need a controller. The extra plugs may be coming off a setpoint relay system to externally control things at given setpoints.

all image submitted should be in a more or less 1240X768 resolution and JPEG. Large JPEGs can be clicked on and will auto expand to a full view. PNG and other formats will not, in general, expand with a click on the image. Do not assign the images in the text! ( I looked at your submission using my edit peering capabilities) Send a JPEG directly as a file using the "attachment" feature below your text box when creating a post.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “Vacuum Technology (& FAQs)”