Need help identifying flange on vacuum pump

Every fusor and fusion system seems to need a vacuum. This area is for detailed discussion of vacuum systems, materials, gauging, etc. related to fusor or fusion research.
Boris Said

Need help identifying flange on vacuum pump

Post by Boris Said »

At first glance it appeared to be a KF flange due to the appearance. I measured it with a caliber to be about 25 millimeters so I went with a kf-25. The centering ring is just a tiny bit to big. I attempted to force it in but only got it half way. I stopped trying to force it as I thought any more could damage the centering ring. Can someone please help me identify this flange, or inform me if the vacuum pump or centering ring is bad as it would be very helpful. Thank you in advanced.

[img]/Users/Owner/Library/Containers/com.apple.mail/Data/Library/Mail%20Downloads/86E0C39A-0A43-4B04-ADD1-B7F34B76E5D4/IMG_1642.JPG[/img]

[img]/Users/Owner/Library/Containers/com.apple.mail/Data/Library/Mail%20Downloads/1C3F835D-523F-45B9-B429-514B1DF03F62/IMG_1641.JPG[/img]

[img]/Users/Owner/Library/Containers/com.apple.mail/Data/Library/Mail%20Downloads/7ED13040-2B80-46EF-BF5C-D9428C46641D/IMG_1643.JPG[/img]
Boris Said

Re: Need help identifying flange on vacuum pump

Post by Boris Said »

Rich Feldman

Post by Rich Feldman »

Do the dimensions match anything in this table:
inch_metric.JPG
or any of the sanitary fitting flanges in the following link?
https://hollandaptblog.com/2015/06/15/t ... ion-guide/
All models are wrong; some models are useful. -- George Box
Jerry Biehler

Post by Jerry Biehler »

It's a kf-25. Just modify the center ring to fit.
Boris Said

Post by Boris Said »

Okay, I'll try and sand it down. Are you sure this won't negatively effect the seal?
John Futter

Post by John Futter »

Boris
Please do not send your pics to an external site to view

use irfanview to resize/ resample to 1024 x 768 so that it loads correctly on this site when you upload your pics

irfanview is free to download

this is important so that others in the future can see what this thread is about
Boris Said

Post by Boris Said »

Okay, I'll make sure to use post of of my pictures in the format, thanks for the information.
Jerry Biehler

Post by Jerry Biehler »

Dont mess with the flange, just machine down the diameter of the centering ring. Hopefully you can find someone with a lathe. There are some odd ball sizes out there. I just machined out a fitting that was supposed to be kf-25 but a bit small to fit a normal centering ring. I also have a KF40 elbow that is smaller than normal. It has a adapter KF centering ring so you can mate it to normal KF40. Some odd ball stuff out there...

Return to “Vacuum Technology (& FAQs)”