Any Swagelok Gurus out there?

Every fusor and fusion system seems to need a vacuum. This area is for detailed discussion of vacuum systems, materials, gauging, etc. related to fusor or fusion research.
Rex Allers

Re: Any Swagelok Gurus out there?

Post by Rex Allers »

Just a quick FYI on pressures with these small H2 cartridges... In testing my home-made valve this last week I made some basic measurements. I connected my adapter / valve pretty directly to a dial pressure gauge that goes up to 600 psi. One hydrocore (the Brunton version) that I had been using and vented a few times for a few seconds, only read about 40 psi. I pulled out two more from the box of four, I don't think I ever connected them to anything, and they read about 240 and 280 psi. These had date codes on the bottom of 2013. I also had one Hydrostik (Horizon) and it measured zero. I guess in my experiments, early this year, I must have left it open for a while. I hope its internal valve is still good.

So this is just a note to say I don't know if you will see over 300 psi except in charging.
Rex Allers
Corby Dawson

Re: Any Swagelok Gurus out there?

Post by Corby Dawson »

Rex,

We should probably spin this off into a Hydrostik/Hydrocore post.
The Hydrostik is shipped empty when you buy a new one.
You mentioned a Brunton 4 pack.
Are the Brunton's shipped full when bought new?
I can't find a definitive answer at the various places that sell them.
Also can you refill a Brunton with a compessed gas cylinder like you can the Hydrostik?

Cheers,

Corby

Return to “Vacuum Technology (& FAQs)”