Cheap Multi-Pin Feedthroughs?

Every fusor and fusion system seems to need a vacuum. This area is for detailed discussion of vacuum systems, materials, gauging, etc. related to fusor or fusion research.
Rex Allers

Re: Cheap Multi-Pin Feedthroughs?

Post by Rex Allers »

Jerry,
I probably don't really need to know, but what is IAEBD? Web searches have not been helpful.

[Aside:] Web searching seems to be getting much less likely to find what I think I am looking for than it was a 10-15 years back. The very high Noise to Signal ratio and pay-walling of the good stuff is really getting painful.
Rex Allers
ian_krase

Post by ian_krase »

I think it's Ion Assisted Electron Beam Deposition. What that is, could not say.
Jerry Biehler

Post by Jerry Biehler »

Ian is right, Ion Assisted Electron Beam Deposition. Where normal e-beam depo just uses an electron beam to melt the material you plan on depositing, Ion Assist uses an additional Ion beam gun to help with the coating. It helps with adhesion and overall quality of the coating. You can also use reactive ions like oxygen to help when doing coatings like SiO2 and some things like cubic boron nitrate can only be formed through ion beam assist.

https://www.unitedlens.com/using-ion-as ... ng-method/
ian_krase

Post by ian_krase »

Quick update: some milspec D-sub connectors have a turquoise-green plastic insulation which is (sometime? Always? Only if mfgd by Positronic?) made of DAP, a fairly low outgassing material.

Return to “Vacuum Technology (& FAQs)”