Pirani Leybold 162 09 Br 1

Every fusor and fusion system seems to need a vacuum. This area is for detailed discussion of vacuum systems, materials, gauging, etc. related to fusor or fusion research.
Angelo Gomes

Pirani Leybold 162 09 Br 1

Post by Angelo Gomes »

Hi Guys.

Last week I found a Pirani head manufactured by Leybold-Heraeus. It is a 16209Br1 model. Unfortunately, I did not find any manual in the lab and on Google neither.

As you can see in the picture, this head has 9 pin and I would like to use this head in my lab.

Does someone has some info about this Leybold head ? the Pinout ?

Johan Reinink

Re: Pirani Leybold 162 09 Br 1

Post by Johan Reinink »

To be more precise, you found half a pirani head, old Leybold pirani gauges have a blue top with some electronics for the 0 and full range adjustment. The typenumber that should go along with it is 162 02
Angelo Gomes

Post by Angelo Gomes »

Yeah, I know that. I just look around and every part of the lab, but did not find any blue plastic cover. This one seems be a replacement head.

As I told before, maybe someone can help with some info about the pins or even the electronics circuit. I think the pinout would be enough as I could make an electronics for it.
Johan Reinink

Post by Johan Reinink »

I have one that probably has a broken filament, I'll post photo's of the inside when I have a bit more time. I also have a few Leybold readouts, I can take photo's of the insides if that's interesting.
Angelo Gomes

Post by Angelo Gomes »

Hi Johan.

I appreciate your help.

Thank you.

Angelo
Jerry Biehler

Post by Jerry Biehler »

These old units were notorious for failing from any shock, sometimes even shipping.

Return to “Vacuum Technology (& FAQs)”