DV-3M TC gauge info

Every fusor and fusion system seems to need a vacuum. This area is for detailed discussion of vacuum systems, materials, gauging, etc. related to fusor or fusion research.
Silviu Tamasdan

DV-3M TC gauge info

Post by Silviu Tamasdan »

Does anybody here know anything about the DV-3M TC gauge made by Hastings? I have a chance of obtaining one of those, but cannot find any specification on them. I would be especially interested to know if it would work with the Veeco TG-70 controller. Any help appreciated.
There _is_ madness to my method.
Nnnnnnn

Re: DV-3M TC gauge info

Post by Nnnnnnn »

Silviu,

This document can be found in the FAQ http://www.ancorp.com/familyPDFs/file11 ... 52PM63.pdf, on page 14.5 you can see that your tube is the same as the 1000 series tube. On page 14.4 you can see the pinout info for the 1000 series tube. On page 14.10 you can find the required heater current and the TC output voltage at the minimum pressure it can measure (given that your current is correct). I do not know if that controller would work, but making your own controller is not difficult (see FAQ).
Silviu Tamasdan

Re: DV-3M TC gauge info

Post by Silviu Tamasdan »

Thank you for that link. On the same page, the Veeco DV-1M is listed on the same line as compatible for the 1000 series and the DV-3M. The DV-1M works with the TG-70 controller. So I think it should work fine. One way to find out. :)
(I will check the connections and currents/voltages to make sure there's nothing obviously wrong).

Time to order some octal sockets because I'm short on cables.
There _is_ madness to my method.

Return to “Vacuum Technology (& FAQs)”