Turbotronik NT10/12/13

Every fusor and fusion system seems to need a vacuum. This area is for detailed discussion of vacuum systems, materials, gauging, etc. related to fusor or fusion research.
Michal Dvoracek

Turbotronik NT10/12/13

Post by Michal Dvoracek »

Hello,

I found thread where someone provided link to NT50 schematic diagrams. I'm trying to find schematic of NT10/12/13 but without success. Is here somebody who have it?

Thank you.
Jerry Biehler

Re: Turbotronik NT10/12/13

Post by Jerry Biehler »

Jerry Biehler

Post by Jerry Biehler »

As far as I can tell the NT50 is basically the same as the other NTs it's just that they use newer tech, SMD components basically.
Rex Allers

Post by Rex Allers »

Jerry,

Thanks for sharing that. I got it when presented in the earlier thread. I joined the several partial schematic pages into one big png image. It should be attached to this post. Feel free to add it to the google drive location or anywhere else desired.
Attachments
NT-50 joined 1.png
Rex Allers
Michal Dvoracek

Hello,

Could you explain to me how temperature detector is working? As I know Turbovac50 not contain any temperature sensor.

Thanks
Jerry Biehler

Post by Jerry Biehler »

It does not measure temp directly, I believe it integrates current vs pump speed and time. If it takes too long at too much current it trips the overcurrent latch.

Edit: Looks like it just watches pump speed. If it takes too long it just shuts down. If I recall that what happened on my NT50 when the foreline connection slipped off at the rough pump. Just shuts down it it takes too long to get to speed.
Michal Dvoracek

Here are all NT50 schematics in one piece.
Attachments
NT50_3.jpg
NT50_2.jpg
NT50_1.jpg
Michal Dvoracek

Jerry Biehler wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:53 am It does not measure temp directly, I believe it integrates current vs pump speed and time. If it takes too long at too much current it trips the overcurrent latch.

Edit: Looks like it just watches pump speed. If it takes too long it just shuts down. If I recall that what happened on my NT50 when the foreline connection slipped off at the rough pump. Just shuts down it it takes too long to get to speed.
Thanks for response. I will try to implement this temperature and speed check to my own controller.
Jerry Biehler

Post by Jerry Biehler »

You are building your own drive? John posted the power section schematics for the TMP50 drives he made over here, you will have to come up with your own drive logic circuitry.

http://www.coultersmithing.com/forums/v ... &t=83#wrap
Michal Dvoracek

Jerry Biehler wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:39 pm You are building your own drive? John posted the power section schematics for the TMP50 drives he made over here, you will have to come up with your own drive logic circuitry.

http://www.coultersmithing.com/forums/v ... &t=83#wrap
Yes, I already built two controllers which are working well but I want to implement some protections like BEMF for speed check. My construction is based on 150V SMPS and Atmel Mega8 which is generating 3-phase sine wave by PWM.
Michal Dvoracek

Hi,

This is my final controller with speed measurement.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13832&hilit=tmp50&start=30#p91147

Return to “Vacuum Technology (& FAQs)”