valve flange type?

Every fusor and fusion system seems to need a vacuum. This area is for detailed discussion of vacuum systems, materials, gauging, etc. related to fusor or fusion research.
Jon Rosenstiel

valve flange type?

Post by Jon Rosenstiel »

I have a CVC VCS-21A manual gate valve. I'm having trouble trying to find the matching flanges. So far I haven't been able to find any type of flange system, (ASA, ISO, CF, etc, etc), that matches the flanges on this valve. The ID=2.25", OD=4.0", and it has 6-5/16" tapped holes on a 3 5/16" circle.

I get the feeling that I'll be machining the flanges myself. (Probably the reason the valve was so cheap)!

Thanks,
Jon
Tom Dressel

Re: valve flange type?

Post by Tom Dressel »

You might try going to http://www.mdc-vacuum.com/index.htm and order there paper catalog. They have a lot of flange adapters.

Tom Dressel

Post by guest »

THe flange is a special ASA that is hard to come by, and uses a captive o-ring. The old Duniway catalog mentioned it in their section on used diffusion pumps as well as showing a digram with the dimensions. If you do machine up a flange, you will want to put in some sort of o-ring groove, as I have no idea where you you would even begin to look for the captive o-rings.
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

That gate valve was designed to go on CVCs small 2" diff pump which came in two versions a 4 bolt and a 6 bolt flanged item. You have the 6 bolt version's gate valve.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “Vacuum Technology (& FAQs)”