PSU for Fusor

This forum is for specialized infomation important to the construction and safe operation of the high voltage electrical supplies and related circuitry needed for fusor operation.
Jacke

PSU for Fusor

Post by Jacke »

I have found this and I think it will work but I wanted to check here first.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301117057770?ss ... 1423.l2649
Alexandru_Calburean

Re: PSU for Fusor

Post by Alexandru_Calburean »

Jake,

Your supply seems adequate for fusion. Good luck with the bidding. I would also wait for some other members to weigh in before bidding; however, because they might have better suggestions for your first power supply. Also power requirements (voltage and amperage) are documented in the faq sections of high voltage, you might want to read those first.

All the best,
~Alex C.
Jacke

Post by Jacke »

Thanks for replying. I have a question about another power supply. Does anyone know whether this one would be suitable?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kevex-X-Ray-Tub ... 566297fe97
Last edited by Jacke on Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Bradley

Post by Chris Bradley »

Particularly the 'fusor power' and 'vacuum' forums are getting chocked up with these ephemeral links to ebay stodge by newbs. I really think this should be stamped on because it makes those forums virtually unsearchable. The search function with the new platform is bad enough, but is getting increasingly tricky with this clutter being allowed into the main forums.
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

Chris is right. We can't be newbies guides to selecting power supplies! The FAQs give detailed info on what you must have to do fusion and to make a demo fusor. If the e-bay supply doesn't meet those criteria then it is crap! End of statement.

The power supply referenced for $550.00 is crap and if offered to me for $40.00, I would not even consider it!.... there!

Read the FAQs and query the seller, This seller put up a clear label indicating 30kv @ 0.3ma (absolute, worthless garbage)

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Jacke

Post by Jacke »

Sorry, I should of read that last link better to see the .03ma. I'll stop posting ebay links.
Benjamin Abbatiello

Post by Benjamin Abbatiello »

Has anyone given any thought to making a board section where we newbs can simply run rampant, posting links to our hearts content while having more experienced (and patient) fusioneers checking in every so often to nudge us in the right direction?
It is a great act of cleverness to be able to conceal one's being clever.
-Francois de La Rochefoucauld
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

Some mention has been put forward related to this but it was voted down. Old boys would never go to a free ranging forum to try and guide folks going wild with no oversight. We figured it would just devolve in time to some sort of free for all of flaming and word salads. Something we don't want associated with this site which is a serious, self-directed, fusion doer's site.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
John Futter

Post by John Futter »

Ben
Facebook is where you are supposed to rage about everything

not here

but feel free to start your own rage site for the other newbies to vent their spleens

Return to “High Voltage - Fusor Input Power (& FAQs)”