How to power a fusor with a Zvs Driver

This forum is for specialized infomation important to the construction and safe operation of the high voltage electrical supplies and related circuitry needed for fusor operation.
Hamza

How to power a fusor with a Zvs Driver

Post by Hamza »

How to power a fusor with a zvs driver powered by a 12 v lead acid battery.Pls reply need to make it as a project and have only 16 days left.
John Futter

Re: How to power a fusor with a Zvs Driver

Post by John Futter »

HAMZA
how about complying with the rules
first your real full name ( no handles)
second introduce yourself
third this post should have been in the new user area

comprendie
Hamza

Post by Hamza »

Well John as for my introduction I am a Pakistani, My name is Hamza Yousuf,and I am making a demo fusor as my project for a expo at my school.I have made the fusor and decided to power it with a Z.V.S driver but i am having trouble at powering it.I dont know how to connect the zvs driver to the fusor.
Jim Stead

Post by Jim Stead »

Your ZVS driver has to feed a high voltage coil. The output of the coil is usually rectified, then connected to the H.V. feed-through on your fusor.
You should start by reading the FAQs on this site. Then do a search for "demo fusor" and look through some old posts for common problems.
There is a lot of information you will need to learn quickly in order to make a successful demo fusor.

Maybe a moderator can move this thread to the new user area.
DanielSandner

Post by DanielSandner »

Hello,
Working under time pressure is always a problem, but building a fusor leads to many unexpected problems. Usually you use a zvs to power a flyback (or a selfmade transformer with ferrite core). Simply connect the zvs with the primary coil (make 6 windings about the core).
Unfortunately the modern flybacks built since 1990 usually are DC-flybacks with positive High Voltage. These flybacks can't be used to power a fusor.
Instead of a zvs i would use a transformer with iron core. You can find them on ebay and for a demo fusor you don't have to rectify the voltage. Your transformer should deliver at least < 3kV and a few mA. Especially look for oil burner ignition transformer (OBIT) or Neon sign transformer (NST)
. Be careful with High voltage and good Luck.
Daniel Sandner

Return to “High Voltage - Fusor Input Power (& FAQs)”