Problem with oscilliscope

This forum is for specialized infomation important to the construction and safe operation of the high voltage electrical supplies and related circuitry needed for fusor operation.
David Kunkle

Re: Problem with oscilliscope

Post by David Kunkle »

Thanks for all the input on this, guys. Didn't realize there was so much to know about scopes.
Right now, I've decided to take up Jon on his offer. For what I need it for, I still think his will work. Worst case, I'll give it away like Jon is doing with it to me, and get a newer, bigger one.
If your experiment needs statistics, you ought to have done a better experiment.

Ernest Rutherford
David Kunkle

Re: Problem with oscilliscope

Post by David Kunkle »

Did what Jon suggested to me and watched some utube on oscilloscopes. Once I realized there are electronics in even passive probes, I got the idea to check my probe's resistance. Got 10Mohm thru the ground, and nothing but open circuit reading on the inner cable. Looks like I fried the probe and not the oscilloscope. Although there is still the issue of no trace- only the moving dot. Think I still need a different scope.
If your experiment needs statistics, you ought to have done a better experiment.

Ernest Rutherford

Return to “High Voltage - Fusor Input Power (& FAQs)”