Hitachi hv supply

This forum is for specialized infomation important to the construction and safe operation of the high voltage electrical supplies and related circuitry needed for fusor operation.
Thomas Sheeleigh

Hitachi hv supply

Post by Thomas Sheeleigh »

Hi, I just recently got a retired x-ray transformer but I'm having trouble finding literature on it. I was wondering if someone could help me identify the connection ports. Also there seems to be something that resembles a filter sticking up (I realise it's not). Also I haven't gotten a chance to look inside yet. If the unit is rusted would that impact performance? Let me know if more pictures would help. Thanks
Attachments
s-l400(3).jpg
s-l400(3).jpg (22.92 KiB) Viewed 4609 times
s-l400(4).jpg
s-l400(4).jpg (16.33 KiB) Viewed 4609 times
s-l400(5).jpg
s-l400(5).jpg (24.55 KiB) Viewed 4609 times
s-l400(6).jpg
s-l400(6).jpg (19.88 KiB) Viewed 4609 times
John Futter

Re: Hitachi hv supply

Post by John Futter »

Caliban or who ever
if you followed the forum rules you might get more response
first post should be the introduce yourself forum
you must use your full real name in both fields no handles ie Caliban to be used
Richard Hull

Re: Hitachi hv supply

Post by Richard Hull »

This is no toy, It is real the deal and can be the ultimate fusor supply that will not be killed very easily. the connection are labeled a bit arcane, but need to be metered and that might not tell the tale. One might make a guess based on the terminal designations.

Assuming it is on the norm for such systems. It is probably a 220 or 240 vac input the two terminals might mean it is floating but center case secondary grounded. Metering will assist here.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “High Voltage - Fusor Input Power (& FAQs)”