Ohmite HV resistors

This forum is for specialized infomation important to the construction and safe operation of the high voltage electrical supplies and related circuitry needed for fusor operation.
daniele

Ohmite HV resistors

Post by daniele »

Hi all,
checking for HV resistors, I've found Ohmite's MOX series very interesting... Has anyone here any idea bout the price a simple 50Kv 100MegaOhms resistor ?

(Before asking to the local dealer I'd like to see if these can be affordable...)

Richard (Hull), in a post about metering the power supply, you wrote those resistors could be expensive,
have you any idea of how much ?

thank you all
Daniele
Tom Dressel

Re: Ohmite HV resistors

Post by Tom Dressel »

Last year I looked into getting some of those resistors from Ohmite, and as I recall they were $350.00 each with a minimum order of 1000 thats $350,000.00!!
Try Fair Radio Sales.

Tom Dressel
Jon Rosenstiel

Post by Jon Rosenstiel »

I paid $95.00 each for 25Meg, 100W series DVY resistors from Surplus Sales. http://www.surplussales.com/
If you find some resistors that suit your needs be sure to e-mail them so they can check their stock. It took me three tries before I found a pair of DVY's that met my requirements.

Jon Rosenstiel
teslapark

Post by teslapark »

eBay can be pretty good about things like this. Since the resistors are usually small and lightweight, shipping is cheap. I've gotten several good HV resistors in the past few years very inexpensively.

Try searching for things like "High Voltage Probe", etc. All of these things contain the resistors you need, and you may even get lucky and find one coupled to a meter movement that is useful to you.

Adam Parker

Return to “High Voltage - Fusor Input Power (& FAQs)”