HV Electron gun?

For the design and construction details of ion guns, necessary for more advanced designs and lower vacuums.
ChrisSmolinski

HV Electron gun?

Post by ChrisSmolinski »

Does anyone know of a commercial source for a fairly HV electron gun (50 to 100 kV). Current doesn't need to be high, microamps would be fine.
DaveC

Re: HV Electron gun?

Post by DaveC »

Chris - The gun itself is usually at or near ground potential. It is the anode voltage that gives the electron/ion the energy. So you could use an ordinary CRT type electron gun. The only caution I would suggest is that very high anode voltages will alter the focus voltage (or ,equivalently alter the focus).

A google search should provide a number of suppliers.

Dave Cooper

Post by guest »

i think conventional CRT's are not usable for high foltage gun applications, for the guns with energies highe than 30 Kev, there is some more complexities than conventional CRT's,
for commercial refrences you can hafe a look at: linacsystems, eimac,siemens,.....websites
Richard Hester

Post by Richard Hester »

I've mentioned this resource before ( I think in "Links"), but you might want to try Heat Wave Labs at www.cathode.com . They sell electron guns, dispenser cathodes, plasma sources, refractory materials, and lots of other stuff.

Return to “Ion Gun Design and Construction (& FAQs)”