Prototype reactor PS

For the design and construction details of ion guns, necessary for more advanced designs and lower vacuums.
GRMaura

Prototype reactor PS

Post by GRMaura »

I'm a engineer and I've been working on a new self sustaining PS unit for a project I'm working on. I'm new to the fusor forums and the fusors themselves, but I have been doing data analysis on the parts within my power supply and so far all my part seem like in theory will work. I thought I'd run it by you guys and you can tell me if my theory seem off anywhere

I'll start at the top

I have a accel-electron gun that will be negative charged and as current passes through it will heat up passing particles stripping them leaving only negative protons, which will pass through a series of oscillating rings speeding and focusing them on a point. Once they have reach the point where they pass the last ring they will enter the containment area where I will use positive charge containment field within a solution of deuterium on top of the containment field I will have a lid with a custom design ring where the neg charge protons will pass through acting as a lid stopping back flow as the negative charge heats up the solution the reaction from the pos and neg charge will create a gas flowing up to the palladium ring as the ring heats up producing a gas plasma. the ring design will act on that right hand rule, once at a stable speed it will feed itself as negative current moves back to the electron gun being starting the process over

Sorry if this is hard to understand like I said I'm a engineer and I just like to build, now if anyone would like to help me and this does work I'm guarantee this will be a game changer and I'll give you credit
John Taylor

Re: Prototype reactor PS

Post by John Taylor »

You lost me at negative protons. Can you explain?
Jack Puntawong

Post by Jack Puntawong »

It would be really helpful if you could draw a simple diagram of the machine you are building. However, I'm with John. I don't understand what you meant by negative protons ? Protons are always positive...
Steven Sesselmann

Post by Steven Sesselmann »

Emanuel,

"I'll start at the top"

Means adding a post in the introduction forum, telling everyone who you are and what you do. After you do that you can choose the most appropriate forum to talk bout your project.

Ion sources and particle confinement apparatus are complex to describe, and a clear diagram will get a lot more people thinking about your ideas than a fuzzy description.

Many of the guys here are engineers, and they will have no difficulty understanding your work, if you describe it clearly.

Steven
http://www.gammaspectacular.com - Gamma Spectrometry Systems
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Steven_Sesselmann - Various papers and patents on RG
Chris Bradley

Post by Chris Bradley »

Emanuel Stark wrote:
> I'll start at the top
> I have a accel-electron gun that will be negative charged and as current passes through it will heat up passing particles stripping them leaving only negative protons, which will pass through a series of oscillating rings speeding and focusing them on a point

Could we try starting at the bottom instead, might make more sense that way?
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

Most engineers have had enough physics to know the charge on a proton. As a matter of fact, even a dumbed down high schooler might even know that.

Engineers prefer clearly labeled diagrams of complex mechanisms so that they can better present a concept they are either trying to convey to others or to understand a concept that is being presented to them.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
GRMaura

Post by GRMaura »

You guys have experience in the field. I call myself an engineer because I like to build in solidworks etc using existing technology redesign, but using the same principles of how it works. I said before that my knowledge is slim when it come to physics

I'll try to describe it better this time

It's a 3 tier system with a electron gun at the core

It work like an electron gun whereas it accelerates particles by pushing them along the line by using the positive field current to inject them into the into a vacuum/booster.

Mine takes the same principle, but instead the storage tank is connected to the electron gun which work like a liner booster that pulses constantly gaining speed till a solid beam is formed that hits the cathode or star I've read you call it. the start I've design also stores the energy from the bean and is contained with in a field that rotates from the booster pulses

Due to the design I'm able to use the vacuum to siphon the plasma to be used in another project I'm designing I join this site because I know little to none able them but when it come to designing I trust my skill in that wholeheartedly thats why I ask for a team to help build this because I know this is groundbreaking

I can post a picture but that will give away the design and I seen some of the skill you guys have and I know you can build it like the guy who did the 5min fusor that was cool and some of you guys patented your own electron gun any of you guys live in florida near tampa or sarasota
Steven Sesselmann

Post by Steven Sesselmann »

Emanuel,

You seem to have missed the point of..., "open source fusor forum"

The whole idea is to share ideas with others, there is no point coming here and telling us that you have an amazing secret idea, no one is interested in that.

Try to avoid inventing your own terms such as vacuum-booster, and if you do, they need to be defined, else people have no idea what you are trying to describe.

Spend more time reading the forums, then think carefully about what you are going to post, debug it, spell check it and then post it. Every post you make on this forum will be read by at least 100 people, so think about that, before you make your next post.

Steven
http://www.gammaspectacular.com - Gamma Spectrometry Systems
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Steven_Sesselmann - Various papers and patents on RG
GRMaura

Post by GRMaura »

I wanna share it, But I also wanna get credit for solving something everyone is trying so hard to do. Even if its open source

But don't worry seem people can't understand me. I know it hard to understand what I'm writing as I don't have the back ground some of you do, so I can't describe it in scientific terms thanks for ready my post thought I'll come back when I finish writing the other half of my grant research paper

and good luck in you future fusor endeavors
Chris Bradley

Post by Chris Bradley »

Emanuel Stark wrote:
> I wanna share it, But I also wanna get credit for solving something

What are you proposing this is a solution to?

Very efficiently generated fast beams can be produced (ion, electron, neutral beam, pulsed, etc..) this is zero problem in physics in this day and age (bar the physical engineering challenges of manufacture).

For example, the neutral beam generators at JET run at surprisingly high efficiencies - sufficient that a 20MW neutral beam consumes some 30MW and not only heats the plasma up by 20MW but also generates ~2MW of fusion reactions alone when it hits the plasma in the chamber.

The problem with beam fusion is that it is the reaction *itself* that is inefficient. *On average*, a fusion fuel atom will not fuse for the first few billion collisions, so a fusion fuel atom needs to be kept bouncing around to give it a chance to fuse. This is called 'confinement' and a beam doesn't have any 'confinement' to speak of.

This is why thermal plasmas are sought in the mainstream. With a beam-collision device, the fuel atom may get a few hundred bounces around as it slows within the target it is passing through* , but this isn't enough to solve what I suspect you think this is a 'solution' to.

*(in the case of a fusor, this is the ambient gas as the deuterons reciprocate back and forth a few times)

So, with this in mind, what is it that you are proposing to 'solve'?
GRMaura

Post by GRMaura »

My design not only is it self sustaining under its our power when not in use, it can also be used to power anything due to it oscillating ac current. My design also allow me to use the plasma gases produce in conjunction with the engine I'm working on.

The generator in itself is a big step planes, spaceship and cars etc. fuel will no longer be a problem and when I finish the thruster that's limitless space you hear people saying will get to mars by 2020 and that's if technology hold up a decent pace of development and the government doesn't step in

The sad thing is as I was doing the research and reading over many thesis papers and wiki's. Most this technology is already here just not being used correctly. Solving the energy storage that took me some time due to I had to design a proper confinement to hold it. I design it to work as a 2-way system.
Chris Bradley

Post by Chris Bradley »

So, how do you say this thing generates energy? The beam fusion you are describing will consume more power than it can ever generate, by several orders of magnitude. If you have a 'slim' knowledge of physics, as you say, then there is a steep learning curve ahead of you to understand why this is.

Would you agree you need to understand why I am making this statement first, before assuming what this idea will or won't do? Or do you think folks here with hundreds of man-years of combined physics and engineering knowledge know less than you to be able to judge the likely outcome of what you are proposing?

There are only two pieces of relevant advice you are likely to get here, at this stage of your deliberations -
a) go and do several months of reading-based research, and
b) build a fusor, the recipe of which is well-described here in enough detail to make it a straightforward engineering challenge for you, and in so doing you will come to understand the basics of vacuum, plasma, ion and electrical field behaviour to help you make sound, physically realistic, next steps in your own idea.

"(b)" will not slow you down in your route to your own experiment. On the contrary, by having a focus you will probably accumulate all the equipment you'll need for later developments quicker than going from scratch with a completely new experiment.

I'm not sure I should be drawing this thread on, because I think we all know where it is going. So I'll let you figure out these things for yourself.
Carl Willis

Post by Carl Willis »

I will likely be closing this thread tonight unless it goes somewhere useful before then.

As our Posting Guidelines clearly state, references to "ideas that members intend to keep secret" are not welcome. Recruiting consultants to work on proprietary projects falls outside the scope of this forum as well.

-Carl
Carl Willis
http://carlwillis.wordpress.com/
TEL: +1-505-412-3277
GRMaura

Post by GRMaura »

I know you guys may think Im trolling which is fine. I've been doing research on this for 5 years. I think you have to know what you want to build and have a understanding of it before you build it. I'm not bashes any of you guys and I commend you all on the skills you have, but this site is for trying to make limitless energy through fusors am I right? I'm not sure this site see that sure it open source, but from a design aspect it not. I say this because when I look at your designs which are great concepts its a straight line that not self sustaining.

self sustaining only happens when your device can feed/power itself by its own means and not by a constant supply of high voltage from a outside source and till you can understand how "SS" works then and I say this in the nicest way your making really really high end light bulbs that use platinum filaments, deuterium gas and the vacuum chamber is the bulb
David D Speck MD

Post by David D Speck MD »

Emanuel,

Just be aware that, as is amply documented in this forum, a D-D fusion system that operates at even 1% of breakeven would produce a radiation flux rapidly fatal to the operator unless very heavily shielded.

Be sure to get your shielding in place before you get to self sustaining operation.

Dave
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

Chris is correct. You need to get your hands "dirty". Only with the doing will you come to realize the difficulties in doing fusion to any measurable level of output.

The microscopic few who have come here with big ideas about saving the world and doing self-sustained fusion and creating fusion based electricity AND who actually succeeded in doing fusion are just either no longer here (dreams died) or are now here with a better realization of what fusion is and its severe limitations in the doing.

As it appears there is no intent on the "doing" and no clear understanding of even what is posited, Carl might as well close this out.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “Ion Gun Design and Construction (& FAQs)”