virtual neutron and other radiations laboratory

This area is for discussions involving any fusion related radiation metrology issues. Neutrons are the key signature of fusion, but other radiations are of interest to the amateur fusioneer as well.
behrooz

virtual neutron and other radiations laboratory

Post by behrooz »

Since working with nuclear sources and radiations are not safe for undergrad students I have seen some people are trying to develop a virtual laboratories for students safe educational purposes. LabView is a good tool for example. Even fusor can be completely simulated this way. I am looking for one of these software or programs written in LabView or other environment no matter what type of virtual lab it is. Anyone have seen such software/program or book around for this purpose? I googled a lot but seems there is not any finished work around? Only I found the following:

http://wenku.baidu.com/view/2a6389ceda3 ... fae00.html

Which is good but I don't know Chines and couldn't find a clue if this has end up to be a program or a book? I would love to have this and see if it could be useful for undergraduate students.

Steve
Andrew Robinson

Re: virtual neutron and other radiations laboratory

Post by Andrew Robinson »

First off, you need to read the forum rules. Real name, introduction, new user chat area...

Second, simulating the environment inside a fusor is very difficult and not worth it.

Lastly, who says its unsafe for undergrad students to work with radionuclides or other sources of radiation? This is commonly where students are expected to be introduced actual environments and materials during the course of their studies.

Please go back and follow the forum rules.
I can wire anything directly into anything! I'm the professor!

Return to “Neutrons, Radiation, and Detection (& FAQs)”