Somebody got quite a deal on eBay

This area is for discussions involving any fusion related radiation metrology issues. Neutrons are the key signature of fusion, but other radiations are of interest to the amateur fusioneer as well.
Dan Knapp

Somebody got quite a deal on eBay

Post by Dan Knapp »

There was a Ludlum 15 neutron detector with two helium-3 tubes and moderators that sold for $510 on eBay yesterday. (search ludlum 15 neutron in completed listings to see it; the link won't work for completed listings) This detector is a combination geiger probe/neutron detector. One of the neutron detector probes alone was worth the selling price. It was listed as "parts only" because it was missing the geiger probe and cable; but it powered up OK, and from the photos was in pristine condition. As is often the case on eBay, the winning bidder "swooped in" in the last seconds and won it. I'm still kicking myself for not having entered a higher maximum bid. I hope it was one of the fusor gang that scored on this one.
Luke Harrill

Re: Somebody got quite a deal on eBay

Post by Luke Harrill »

I was bidding on it too, and like you, I regret not entering a higher maximum bid. The lucky bidder upped me by $5 before I could raise it more.

Return to “Neutrons, Radiation, and Detection (& FAQs)”