Plotting Neutrons vs Voltage

It may be difficult to separate "theory" from "application," but let''s see if this helps facilitate the discussion.
Steven Sesselmann

Plotting Neutrons vs Voltage

Post by Steven Sesselmann »

Guys, for what it's worth, I was thinking that the shape of a simple Voltage vs Neutron output plot will tell you whether or not your fusion experiment is on the path to success.

If the neutron output tapers off as the voltage increases, you are going nowhere, however if the curve is even slightly concave, you are on the path to success.

I attach a sample picture from made up data, but I would be very interested in seeing some charts with real data from some of you guys that already have working fusors.

Steven
Attachments
Picture.png
http://www.gammaspectacular.com - Gamma Spectrometry Systems
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Steven_Sesselmann - Various papers and patents on RG
RealBorg

Re: Plotting Neutrons vs Voltage

Post by RealBorg »

What is the meaning of the red and blue color?

Do you also have data on current consumption?
Could you also plot a chart fusion rate vs. power consumption?

tom
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

Thomas was wise in his posted reply. I have exceeded 1 mega neutron per second, isotropic, (2 million fusions/sec), at 45kv applied and a current of about 13 ma.

A given voltage only determines the probability of fusion occuring between two, and only two, impinging deuterons. Current determines the amount of fusion fuel, (deuterons), that are in play at that given voltage. More deuterons, plus more voltage, means much more fusion than your graph shows.

My guess is that the chart's data was taken in a rather thin, vacuous, lower pressure environment than we have in a fusor and very low current as it shows a million neuts only obtained near 100kev. A truly whimpy system, indeed.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Jon Rosenstiel

Post by Jon Rosenstiel »

Data from my fusor.

Jon Rosenstiel
Attachments
Image1.gif
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

Thanks Jon! Those milliamps and our high pressure regime are the telling items at any voltage. Lotsa' fuel and lotsa' deuterons made from that fuel. A real winning amateur fusion solution. I am gratified that you cross the mega mark almost exactly where I do at similar currents and pressure.

The pros would never consider operating at such high pressures and contnuous currents like we do in a spherical device. Far too in-eligant, crude and brutish, to say the least. Far too simple. Far too small a budget required and easily seen by every person examining it that it has no future in the energy game needed to seem serious enough to win millions in funding.

It works by simply bull-heading fusion into happening. This is similar to mining coal by hitting the coal face with a steel blade, fronted automobile at 100 miles per hour. You'll get a lot of coal to harvest, but by a method and at a cost that seems ridiculous to any learned mining professional. Amateur coal miners using this method are just after coal enough for their purposes and not to go into the coal mining biz. They get junker automobiles that barely run, weld a big, four point, wedge blade to the front and crash them headlong into the face and are happy with the bountiful yield per unit crash. They just can't afford the giant, multi-million dollar, multi-ton, drilling/clawing/grinding, specialized machines that the pro's use. Still, they get coal enough for their purposes.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
John Taylor

Post by John Taylor »

Richard,
I love your automobile in a coal mine analogy! That's so true AND hilarious!!!
John Futter

Post by John Futter »

Read Stevens post carefully guys

He says "made up data"
there is no meaning to the plot except to illustrate a good path vs a path that is leading nowhere

now however Jons plot is what Steven wanted people to post
Garrett Young

Post by Garrett Young »

Jon Rosenstiel wrote:Data from my fusor.

Jon Rosenstiel
What was the pressure over theses voltages?
- Garrett
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

This sort of data is fully published here in the many run data expositions. In general 10 microns minimum and up to 20 microns, more or less maximum. My best runs were at 16 microns and ~45 kv applied @14ma. over 1.2 million neutrons/sec. Jon can give his general figures as he is the all time champion on neutron numbers. Very few sucessful amateur fusioneers ever attain these numbers.

Richard Hull

Return to “Fusor and/or General Fusion Theory (& FAQs)”