A theory of a possible method of fusion

It may be difficult to separate "theory" from "application," but let''s see if this helps facilitate the discussion.
Richard Hull
Site Admin

Re: A theory of a possible method of fusion

Post by Richard Hull » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:26 pm

Steve, Did you ever think of actually doing any hands-on experiments with your ideas. I think the reason no one has commented much on this is that all sorts of magnetic fusion schemes have been tried for the last 70 years by folks a lot smarter than us and, thus far. all of those ideas have produced a glorious and multi-billion dollar zero power fusion result. I would forget magnetics in the area of fusion. Nice to think about, but with no real hands-on effort, all ideas remain pie-in-the-sky.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
Retired now...Doing only what I want and not what I should...every day is a saturday.

steventw

Post by steventw » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:45 pm

Because I'm on a pension and after paying rent and bills and food I have no cash left over
And would be fairly simple to test for someone with a fusor already to test only need 2 perm Magnets

I've tryed to get a small vacuum chamber built but never pans out
And family won't help even tho they could easily help

Richard Hull
Site Admin

Post by Richard Hull » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:40 pm

Sorry about your situation, but getting a small glass chamber maybe not even a demo fusor will allow a lot of simple magnetic experiments with plasma to be performed. Magnetics just isn't a path to fusion, though the big boys continue to spend the billions on it. It sure looks impressive I will say that, even in the small. But, looks can be deceiving, as we all know.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Retired now...Doing only what I want and not what I should...every day is a saturday.

Bob Reite

Post by Bob Reite » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:06 am

Somebody likened containing plasma with a magnetic field to trying to hold Jello with rubber bands.
The more reactive the materials, the more spectacular the failures.
The testing isn't over until the prototype is destroyed.

Richard Hull
Site Admin

Post by Richard Hull » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:44 pm

Nice analogy!

Richard Hull