Solid state bombardment fusion

It may be difficult to separate "theory" from "application," but let''s see if this helps facilitate the discussion.
Tom Dressel

Re: Solid state bombardment fusion

Post by Tom Dressel »

Another approach would be to use a sphere mounted in the center of the inner grid made of sintered palladium, this would in theory have a huge surface area as compared to a solid or a hollow sphere, and could carry a larger charge of deuterium.

Tom Dressel
DaveC

Re: Solid state bombardment fusion

Post by DaveC »

Why not simply evaporate a very thin coating of Palladium onto a roughened surface to make the bombardment target?

Because of Palladium's high evaporation temp, you would probably need to electron beam evaporate it, but you dont need much since a few KEV Deuteron will not penetrate the substrate, to any great extent...

Dave Cooper

Re: Solid state bombardment fusion-Could try Rhodium??

Post by guest »

Over the years I've had various bit of contacts and homemade jewellery plated in rhodium using an "electroless" liquid plating solution that doesn't require an electric current. Rhodium is a sister metal to platinum and palladium so it should have a similar effect, but failing that I'm sure there's platium plating solutions out there somewhere. These metals have very high melting points ans so might be useful for the grid wires too.

just my two cents worth
Mark H

Return to “Fusor and/or General Fusion Theory (& FAQs)”