A Virtual cathode for the sceptical

It may be difficult to separate "theory" from "application," but let''s see if this helps facilitate the discussion.
Captain_Proton

A Virtual cathode for the sceptical

Post by Captain_Proton »

Richard...
The topic of detection of a virtual cathode in an IEC device using non-intrusive techniques as there would be in the case of a langmuir probe was discussed at the 2001 International Sherwood Fusion Theory Conference in Santa Fe, NM on April2-4,2001 by a Mr. Hiromu Momota...then a student of George H. Miley. Evidently, he came up with a way to show its existence to non-believers. Upon further investigation, his last known whereabouts that I can trace was with the National Institute for Fusion Science in Nagoya, Japan. From here, the trail goes cold. I can't find any reference to a publication on this issue. Have you or anyone else out there heard of this work being published in a journal?

Re: A Virtual cathode for the sceptical

Post by guest »

Momota I have not seen published, however Prof. Hotta has published direct field measurements (probing interior of cathode) of the potential well (http://hotta.es.titech.ac.jp/~ehotta/pd ... 01/IEC.pdf)

Return to “Fusor and/or General Fusion Theory (& FAQs)”