Fusion reactions

It may be difficult to separate "theory" from "application," but let''s see if this helps facilitate the discussion.

Fusion reactions

Post by guest »

Could anyone suggest a good book for light element fusion reactions. I would like to know what the general reactions of hydrogen is with other light elements up to and including boron and berylium. Most importantly I would like to know the complete reactions including gammas, nuets, protons, neutrinos etc. I would be important to know the energies of all the radiation we need to shield for. I aplogize in advance if this a radiation discussion rather than general fusion.

thanks
Richard Hull

Re: Fusion reactions

Post by Richard Hull »

Most any text book on general fusion should contain all the data you require. However, a great Nuke Fuels list with reactions was already posted by one of our early regular posters, Scott Stephens, on Jan 18th 1998. This was on the old Songs board and is accessable from the intro page here. It is right at the beginning. It remains one of the best lists I have seen on this discussion. A lot of discussion on alternative fuels took place on the old songs list.

So many of the fuels are odd ball isotopic gases and the expense is so great and the cross sections at amateur voltage levels are so poor that we can only dream and muse over the list.

I realize the old "songs" board is almost never viewed by newbies and also rarely looked back on by even us old guys, but it contains many jewels of wisdom earned the hard way. What you see here on this new forum fusor net is only 7 months old!

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “Fusor and/or General Fusion Theory (& FAQs)”