Question about paschen's law and fusors

It may be difficult to separate "theory" from "application," but let''s see if this helps facilitate the discussion.
Andrew Haynes

Re: Question about paschen's law and fusors

Post by Andrew Haynes »

It's what's happening at the onset that intrigues me, and I admit I have an ulterior motive. When we make the thing oscillate, and pay close attention to our neutron data (some of which is from an unmoderated hornyak and therefore fast) - we find most Q right as the thing starts up. It drops off by factors of thousands thereafter, very quickly as we reach that "dynamic equilibrium", or so we measure here. Could be all the spins tend to align - (D has spin=1), and that's bad for fusion...we simply do not know at this point what happens once things settle down. Could be random spins are better than "all wrong except for random collisions" - the oscillations give time to re-randomize? Again, don't know. What I want to know is how this thing starts up from 1/10 the PxD that any interpretation I'm aware of allows for even at infinite volts.
Neutron have a 1/2 spin, with a different mass than Protons, could it be at startup that the electric field propagates slower pass the neutrons than the protons, which could some how make them dominate the alignment untell the field is static at dV/t
I'm assuming some type of spin lock when exposed to a electric field above a certain level.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stark_effect

There probable is a way to randomize the spins, that should beable to test it in a repeatable way.
Andrew Haynes

Return to “Fusor and/or General Fusion Theory (& FAQs)”