Fusion Theory: Reading books, but which ones?

It may be difficult to separate "theory" from "application," but let''s see if this helps facilitate the discussion.
Werner Engel

Fusion Theory: Reading books, but which ones?

Post by Werner Engel »

Hi - also to german speaking fusioneers!

As I read a lot in the forum about people who did not dive into fusion theory enough bevore posting,
here is a picture of the books I really loved during my first contact with fusion.

There are also some german ones - I really liked "Plasmaphysik und Fusionsforschung" from Dr. Michael Kaufmann (Max-Planck Institut für Plasmaphysik in Munich) - if you are through with this and can understand it, you know what a Fusor does!

Werner
Attachments
WE books regarding fusion_medium.jpg
drochelet

Re: Fusion Theory: Reading books, but which ones?

Post by drochelet »

Hi,

for english speakers "http://www.amazon.fr/Introduction-Plasm ... led+Fusion" is a very good start.
Also the http://www.amazon.fr/Concise-Encycloped ... ear+energy explains the concepts for a lot of technical terms.
Richard Hull

Re: Fusion Theory: Reading books, but which ones?

Post by Richard Hull »

We have a books and reference forum that suggests some texts or radiation physics, neutron counting, and nuclear physics in general.

Fusion physics related to D-D fusion is very straight forward in our case and very easy to do. Fusion needed to produce net power output is so complex, it has never been done yet.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “Fusor and/or General Fusion Theory (& FAQs)”