Now It's Colliding Plasmoids...

This forum is for other possible methods for fusion such as Sonolumenescense, Cold Fusion, CANR/LENR or accelerator fusion. It should contain all theory, discussions and even construction and URLs related to "other than fusor, fusion".
Richard Hester

Now It's Colliding Plasmoids...

Post by Richard Hester »

This company just received some modest venture capital investment http://www.helionenergy.com/ . The company is based on research done at MSNW in Washington state - they claim they're on a short track to a reactor.
Richard Hull

Re: Now It's Colliding Plasmoids...

Post by Richard Hull »

This is it! This is the big one! I can feel it in my bones!

Thanks for the heads up on this new thingy, Richard

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Chris Bradley

Post by Chris Bradley »

This has been around for years and years.

They have, actually, made 'progress'.

But as we know, there are usually glass ceilings involved in fusion efforts and a so called 'proof of concept' can often be got to run, yet strangely there is little progress beyond that 'proof'.
John Futter

Post by John Futter »

Oh!!
they will make it alright
they bought my di-lithium crystals and all my flux capacitors
I expect a cure to the worlds energy crisis later this week
Paul_Schatzkin
Site Admin

Post by Paul_Schatzkin »

Personally, I've always felt that the key to fusion is a well developed website and clever illustrating graphics.

At least, that's the key to raising money these days...

--PS
Paul Schatzkin, aka "The Perfesser" – Founder and Host of Fusor.net
Author of The Boy Who Invented Television: 2023 Edition – https://amz.run/6ag1
"Fusion is not 20 years in the future; it is 60 years in the past and we missed it."
Tom McCarthy

Post by Tom McCarthy »

Yes Paul! Check out this guy: http://brillouinenergy.com

While the website may be a little outdated, he's been going for years on venture capital!

Tom
Richard Hester

Post by Richard Hester »

I find it suspicious that no one publishes (Tri-Alpha, Lerner, Helion, etc.) pictures of their kit or anything more than the most cursory details, and of course, the obligatory "give us money". The device shown in conjunction with the Helion effort is most likely the apparatus built at Mathematical Sciences NW.
The plasmoid scheme is also mentioned at MSNW as a candidate for low thrust, high impulse plasma propulsion, and apparently is a part (in some mysterious way) of the Tri-Alpha fusion device as well.

The Helion approach as I understand it, is another putt-putt device. Unlike NIF, they can poot out a plasmoid once every three minutes or so. They'll need to better that rate by quite a bit to be a contender for power production, assuming that the plasmoids yield sufficient energy. D-He3 has been mentioned as a possible aneutronic pathway for this device. I suppose no one told them that a D-He3 device will also yield a fair number of neutrons via the D-D pathway. Either that, or the journalists reporting on this effort are clueless (gosh, that's never happened, has it?). The colliding plasmoid device at MSNW apparently generated enough neutrons with a D-D load to get at least some folks rather excited. Having said that, I don't think I'll be excited enough to fork out the $30 or so to look at their paper.
Chris Bradley

Post by Chris Bradley »

Richard Hester wrote:The colliding plasmoid device at MSNW apparently generated enough neutrons with a D-D load to get at least some folks rather excited.
One presumes 'emotionally excited' rather than 'radioactively excited'? :lol:
Richard Hester

Post by Richard Hester »

Well, in one case, they would be dead but vindicated...

Return to “Other Forms of Fusion - Theory, Construction, Discussion, URLs”