Yet another small fusion start-up

This forum is for other possible methods for fusion such as Sonolumenescense, Cold Fusion, CANR/LENR or accelerator fusion. It should contain all theory, discussions and even construction and URLs related to "other than fusor, fusion".
Justin Fozzard

Yet another small fusion start-up

Post by Justin Fozzard »

I found this website (linked via a nuclear news site) that shows yet another (and probably doomed) approach to fusion. They seem to be trying a re-hash of a dense plasma focus mixed with shock wave compression.

http://www.world-nuclear-news.org/Artic ... wer-device?

https://firstlightfusion.com/technology/#our-approach

I saw a good critique of similar schemes a few years ago that pointed out that any useful pulsed fusion device would be like trying to confine the equivalent of several Kg of TNT exploding over a hundred times every second. It will be interesting to see how this new scheme develops.

Oh, for some funding for my best (daft) ideas!

Justin Fozzard
Richard Hull

Re: Yet another small fusion start-up

Post by Richard Hull »

Pulsed fusion is what I term putt-putt boat fusion. This typically savages the vessel and its components and rivals the attempt to power a city from lightning strokes. Maintenance issues abound as a source of over unity fusion designed to deliver reliable 24-7-365 electricity.

In the end, this is still a heat a bunch of water to drive a turbine scheme.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Pablo Hansen

Post by Pablo Hansen »

Coming back to this almost a year after, do their approaches seem to be working? Or were your predictions correct and founded?

https://firstlightfusion.com/technology/#our-approach
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

Still, after one year, zero fusion and no real tech data. Flashy website. I do fusion, I can prove it with data and good instrumentation. They seem to not have either. They have spent a good deal of money on something....Can't seem to figure out what though. Doesn't seem to be any fusion, just a lot of wave fronts and graphics. Super putt-putt boating of powerful wave fronts, but no fusion, no data.

They claim to want to make power ready fusion using this process. Have they done even extremely high net loss fusion? If so, where is the data? Impulse energy in, PUTT, versus well recorded fusion energy output PUTT....

Our fusors in their finest moment do real, significant, easy to measure fusion with a net loss of a billion to one ratio. 700 watts input gives us a solid, one micro-watt of real honest to God fusion output. No fancy graphics and no hope to save the world or make usable fusion energy....We just do fusion. We do not hide tech data.

Very impressive energy levels and I am not saying they have never done fusion. I am saying they aren't saying they have done fusion and they haven't supplied data on that effort for all its mighty energy consumption and glorious concept. For the man on the street, it seems like the obvious question followed by a conclusion based on no data..........What go in and what come out?..... They not be sayin'

Like the mighty NIF...Just another smaller putt-putt boat, cash cow, make busy project.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “Other Forms of Fusion - Theory, Construction, Discussion, URLs”