Accelerator Fusion - URL - Linac Basics

This forum is for other possible methods for fusion such as Sonolumenescense, Cold Fusion, CANR/LENR or accelerator fusion. It should contain all theory, discussions and even construction and URLs related to "other than fusor, fusion".
3l

Accelerator Fusion - URL - Linac Basics

Post by 3l »

HI Folks:

Heres a very good linac tutorial:
http://www.fnrf.science.cmu.ac.th/theor ... cepts.html
Ala the fast neutron rf Source in Thailand
The home page is a stunner!

Merry Xmas!
Larry Leins
Fusor Tech
dlsworks

Re: Accelerator Fusion - URL - Linac Basics

Post by dlsworks »

WoW!

Excellent page. I was intrigued, and reminded by an idea I had (now as I have read many people have had,..no suprise here of using multi-grid accelerators. Or rather in technical explanation called a "suppressor", from the posted LINAC site. (question being , if you create ions using a potential difference...." ..that the electrons or ions would just be reattracted to the anode.") Attained more simply, in the IEC device, through the inertia of a particle through a permiable cathode/node, ..the inner grid...finding it's destination just on the other side!
I would like to explore this idea as previosly stated with RF LINAC style flip/flopping ......but also what about taking technology from the bergeoning world of ion-engines. They use an electron gun to neutralize the Xe ions upon exiting the accelerator. Ehhhhh!....good idea....!?

Darius

...I am looking forward to contributing some hard tangible info to this forum......Mike Amann has contacted me ...just lives down the street ....practically, in thIs big world of ours,..and I am looking forward to applying and actually "putting my hands" on the fusor rather than just on the ethreality of thought experiments. WHilst I wait for the conception of my own.....oh I can't wait for my fusor baby shower....heeeheee ..ok serious now!
.....ciao
dlsworks

Post by dlsworks »

Ok...I suppose I should be clarified....with regards to teh electron beam neutralization.....in the last thread post. As there are some similiarities or rather personal doubts of understandingwith this idea an IEC or any other fusion system, in incorporation. For instance
in a recent thread by Leins,...Accelerator Fusion- Theory- Beam Interactions
"Part 2...."Larry posts
"high speed neutrals..........
................. It would still be IEC because all pointing and focusing before neutralization occurs will be electrically steered and it will still be inertial in nature."

same or different?

Thanx

Darius
3l

Post by 3l »

Hi Darius:

It is the Japanese came up with the focus before neutralization.
The particles are charged all the way up to the rubidium vapor cell. So you can play with their speed and dirrection before the particles rip the surplus electrons from the rubidium vapor the speed and dirrection is hardly changed for the high speed particles.

Happy Fusoring!
Larry Leins
Fusor Tech

Return to “Other Forms of Fusion - Theory, Construction, Discussion, URLs”