Spherical linac fusor - discussion - how to control ion trajectory

This forum is for other possible methods for fusion such as Sonolumenescense, Cold Fusion, CANR/LENR or accelerator fusion. It should contain all theory, discussions and even construction and URLs related to "other than fusor, fusion".
paulriley

Spherical linac fusor - discussion - how to control ion trajectory

Post by paulriley »

You can find the start of this thread in :
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2420#p11930
Richard Hull

Re: Spherical linac fusor, construction and theory.

Post by Richard Hull »

There is no way to respond to any of these. No way to continue individual threads. This post should be deleted.

There is no need to transfer files. It is not required. If transfered They should all be answerable individually as in the originals. This means they must be in the form of an original posting here with a new title conforming to the search rules. This forum is going to become a hell of a mess if we don't rigidly stick to this.

What little I have transfered I created as new posts with the old text. I brought over NO RESPONSES. I did not erase anything I transferred from the old forum.

Finally, you did not use the proper titling procedures that would help us search on this material. Check the rules posting and look at what is up already.

I will let your posting stay up a day or so and then it might be erased as it is data that is bunched and not individually extensible or answerable. If you have this much stuff to transfer, leave it where it is. Just post here in future anew for non-fusor stuff.
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
paulriley

taking out tolerances

Post by paulriley »

Darius,
you make some interesting comments.
If I understand you correctly, you support the idea that one can take out the effects of mechanical tolerances by electrical tuning of the grid. Do you have any ideas how we could do this in practice? The Einsel lens is one way but it makes construction hard.

Regards
Paul
paulriley

Re: taking out tolerances

Post by paulriley »

Paul,

I want to articulate further on this subject. But I have to revist some 345pgs in a book I have. I won't mention it because I would like to have a chance to make some persuasive arguments before I deal with the forum and it's celbrity....it detracts from curretn thought pardigms and I would care not to loose your attention if I put any real effort into your enquirey.
....but loosley yes, I do believe there is an appreciable effect to be garnered in fine dynamic application of ion trajectories. After all, as with everything there is a 'dance' going on there...and like minstrels we must enchant them into giving their gems of energy to us.

Darius

Paul Riley wrote:
> Darius,
> you make some interesting comments.
> If I understand you correctly, you support the idea that one can take out the effects of mechanical tolerances by electrical tuning of the grid. Do you have any ideas how we could do this in practice? The Einsel lens is one way but it makes construction hard.
>
> Regards
> Paul
paulriley

Construction Material

Post by paulriley »

Adam is correct, I suspect you will have serious out-gasing problems with epoxy fibre glass renforced board. Most of the solvents used for the epoxy { Acetone, Isoproponal, Ethels, Etc. } are organic and are notorious at gasing for ages. I would doubt if you will ever reach a working vacuum and maintain with normal ( small ) pumps. Perhaps someone more experienced with Hi-Vac materials will comment.

by John Hendron.
paulriley

Re: Construction Material

Post by paulriley »

John,
Thick film hybrids use Al2O3 with gold screen print. The whole lot is sintered at > 600C. Would this be better than PCB material?

Paul
Starfire

Re: Construction Material

Post by Starfire »

Yes! A much more stable choice, but with sintering it is better to bake for a long time to remove residuals. >600c for several hours is the norm for Zeolites used in a sorb pump.

Return to “Other Forms of Fusion - Theory, Construction, Discussion, URLs”