cold fusion in a fusor

This forum is for other possible methods for fusion such as Sonolumenescense, Cold Fusion, CANR/LENR or accelerator fusion. It should contain all theory, discussions and even construction and URLs related to "other than fusor, fusion".
Richard Hull

cold fusion in a fusor

Post by Richard Hull »

Jerry Black's original post.............(moved to this forum)

this idea has probably been explored but I would not see it right off. the fusor has a BALL of palladium or palladium and a catalyst. (like in cold fusion). then and outer grid. basically a simple fusor model except the palladium ball in the middle to absorbe the D ot T gas. Electrostaticly push it into the Palladium. Just thought I would add the idea. somebody had to.
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Richard Hull

Re: cold fusion in a fusor

Post by Richard Hull »

Bombarding the palladium would tend to 'LOAD" the palladium, but not do CF, I would think. (palladium loading and the manner in which it is loaded has been very critical in the published scientific literature of CF.)

I would think, but do not know this, that ES bombardment in vacuuo would be a bit violent and at some point you would be knocking the deuterons out faster than you are implanting them. CF seems to be a surface phenomena only. Electrochemical loading is much more gentle in this respect and is known to load to a greater degree.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Verp

Re: cold fusion in a fusor

Post by Verp »

A “quick and dirty” experiment might be to stick a tungsten light bulb filament in the center of a fusor already set up with it’s own deuterium supply. The way they make common light bulb filaments they are practically tungsten wool, so it should have lots of surface area. Also, if the speed of impact can influence how much deuterium can get loaded into it, then try it at different voltages to adjust the impact speed.

Rod

Return to “Other Forms of Fusion - Theory, Construction, Discussion, URLs”