Fission/Fusion of water using HV DC

This forum is for other possible methods for fusion such as Sonolumenescense, Cold Fusion, CANR/LENR or accelerator fusion. It should contain all theory, discussions and even construction and URLs related to "other than fusor, fusion".
fastimports3

Fission/Fusion of water using HV DC

Post by fastimports3 »

Please watch this video....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nhu8vkC173o

Can anyone recreate this in a lab and take measurements of the reaction occurring.
Richard Hull

Re: Fission/Fusion of water using HV DC

Post by Richard Hull »

This would be abysmally easy to replicate in the lab. I watched this video intently noting every little nuance. I paid particularly close attention to the labeling during the run.

Yes, given a neon sign transformer 12" of SS TIG welding wire, a pyrex bowl, a couple of metal tubes for the center and some copper wire, I can make a buzzing discharge to the liquid and label the resultant video with any text I wish indicating to all that I have $20.00 worth of spare electrical parts and some small skills in labeling videos and uploading to You tube.

As for the value or relevance of the video to fusion or science in general, I saw nothing that would induce me to believe or even consider any discussion with its creator.

I am stunned that this presentation impressed or interested any living being with even a modicum of scientific background.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Carl Willis

Post by Carl Willis »

I agree with Richard that there is nothing notable in evidence in this video's featured experiment and it appears to show an ordinary arc discharge.

Any link to fusion, outside of the presumptuous title, isn't made.

The labeling of various purported ion species in the water is suggestive of the old Santilli "HHO" scam that got discussed here many years ago and is now a res non grata in these forums.

Finally, the video doesn't show any measurements or provide any scientific level of detail concerning materials and methods (though as Richard has shown, it's not hard to guess), so asking for replication and measurements is moot.

-Carl
Carl Willis
http://carlwillis.wordpress.com/
TEL: +1-505-412-3277
fastimports3

Post by fastimports3 »

Sorry to offend you Richard and Carl. I was looking more for a answer on what this video would've been considered as for the process that is actually occurring. It is something on the ionic level and produces a fair amount of heat at the electrode which melts into the water. There is more then just a neg plasma field above the water....

Here is a vid of a pos plasma field above the water to compare the difference.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fki6kz3J3po

Here to learn and share experiences in search of answers. Sorry to make anyone upset.
David Geer

Post by David Geer »

Both videos are a poor representation of HV discharge into a bowl of water. You can do the same thing with a lot smaller pieces of equipment and is only for viral flash appeal. I can do the same thing with cheaper parts from radioshack and some TIG wire. Scientifically relevant if you are looking for demonstrations of electrical transitions across various mediums but not fusion-fission.
- David Geer
Chris Trent

Post by Chris Trent »

You'll find that HV arcs can vary remarkably based on quite a number of factors. Voltage, Current, Frequency, polarity, humidity, capacitance, conductivity and shape of nearby objects, to name just a few.

I did not see anything there that indicated anything more than a simple arc.

(As a minor aside, I'm rather glad to see someone actually 'doing' something for a change. Even if he is ignorant of what he isn't accomplishing in this case, he is still giving himself the opportunity to learn.)
Carl Willis

Post by Carl Willis »

No offense taken with the video itself, but calling it fusion is a little bit of a misrepresentation. The evident hype in that is a source of frustration to me.

There are well-established, accepted methods for detecting fusion, and they ARE discussed frequently in our forum's decade-long archive. Newcomers should read the board extensively before joining discussions in order to make sure they know what the subject matter involves, and to make sure their contributions are relevant.

With respect to explaining what is happening in your video, again I will point out that the video doesn't define the methods, measurements, or observations of interest with sufficient clarity to answer that. People familiar with high voltage phenomena can look at your video and see what appears to be a familiar arc, producing the light and heat commonly attending an arc discharge. But if there's more than meets the eye, such as particular evidence suggesting fusion, you'd have to go into written detail about what it is.

-Carl
Carl Willis
http://carlwillis.wordpress.com/
TEL: +1-505-412-3277
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

Carl put the point on it. There is no fusion to be explained without accurate and acceptable measurement of fusion by-products. These products are currently well known and understood at the level we work at. What is in the videos is just not explained and no real specific data is taken or given.

It must be understood by all here that hocum and garbage experiment are the absolute watch word and ultimate ejaculation of the lunatic fringe of "new energy freaks", who have no clue about the scientific method and are incapable of even the most basic measurements. Countless thousands of You Tube short videos reflect this and ought to embarass those presenting them. Alas, there appears to be no shame, just a lot of spare moments to throw stuff on the kitchen table and show a quick, before lunch assemblage
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “Other Forms of Fusion - Theory, Construction, Discussion, URLs”