Water Arc Experiments

This forum is for other possible methods for fusion such as Sonolumenescense, Cold Fusion, CANR/LENR or accelerator fusion. It should contain all theory, discussions and even construction and URLs related to "other than fusor, fusion".
Doug Coulter

Re: Water Arc Experiments

Post by Doug Coulter »

I actually have the stuff to try this, but I don't think I will. The idea of compressing neutral atoms with this forgets that:

Atoms are almost all empty space
They have electrons that keep them apart with a certain energy
The coloumb forces of stripped hi Z atoms are going to be even fiercer than what we have to deal with in a fusor. (I'm speaking to general fusion's idea).

Someone seems to be missing the scale factors here between strength of chemical bonds, and what it takes to jam D nuclei together. Off by quite a large scale factor. I'm not a believer that you can use what amounts to chemistry-level energies to do nuclear-level stuff. I don't think this is quite "supersonic" enough to get you there...by quite a distance. It's like comparing how fast an ICBM is to a particle in CERN's accelerator, almost. Sure, the first is impressive, but you gotta grab a sense of scale.

I'd think the pulse neutron detector would be quite simple, actually - activate some silver. If this worked at all, you'd get enough neutrons per pulse to see it that way, and no EMI issues.
Why guess when you can know? Measure!
Chris Bradley

Post by Chris Bradley »

Doug, the researchers do not appear to be 'missing' anything and do not appear to be claiming fusion capability. And nor would it get anywhere near it. It is a total non-starter for fusion. They are looking to access experimental high [energy] densities, not high energy particles.
Dennis P Brown

Post by Dennis P Brown »

If memory serves, at Oak Ridge Labs, a researcher used sound induced luminescence in bubbles within heavy water to create significant numbers of neutrons. They felt that the sonic shock wave caused small bubbles to compress and these regions reached temperatures in the few 100,000 K range. This was proven by the intense UV production measured.

This experiment produces a significant flux of neutrons. So, even for normal conditions (the container is at room temp and can be cycled easily), neutron production does occur. They feel it was a type of 'cold' fusion (or a better term, low temp) but few believe this.

Now, this example does not prove that a wire cage method with a 'hot fuel' located at the center can ever yield 'energy plus' levels. But this most certainly does support the idea that the wire cage implosion method as modified, might just have merit. Here is related supporting empirical evidence for this approach.
Chris Bradley

Post by Chris Bradley »

Dennis P Brown wrote:
> Rather strange (considering the low temp), they got a large flux of neutrons from ... well, there is the question that has not as yet been answered. So, even for normal conditions, neutron production does occur.
Taleyarkhan made that claim. But a panel rule him guilty of research misconduct and falsification. No-one has been able to reproduce the results. Even Seth Putterman (world's lead on sonoluminescence) could not repeat the results! - He was given the chance by UK's Horizon programme in a funded experiment, but under the 'unreasonable pressure' of a few TV cameras the neutrons just didn't want to appear. Some quantum thing about 'being observed' I guess! - only works when no-one is watching Taleyarkhan seemed quite indignant when confronted with the results, and cited various 'differences' in the experimental setup.

Putterman had with him just about the biggest neutron detector you're ever gonna see - must be on youtube if you want to see the programme - if he didn't pick up any neutrons with that then there weren't any!

Sonoluminescence-induced fusion looks well busted.
Dennis P Brown

Post by Dennis P Brown »

The neutron yield is, as you point out, a bust and is baseless (falsified). The temperature of the bubbles in collapse (10^4 K and some still claim 10^5; again, too low for fusion) has been reported by many others as measured by UV radiation. So, the basic idea of collapse heating still has merit with coupled with a hot fuel.
Derick T

Post by Derick T »

Yes your correct in the explosion of the Sphere that this hole fusion process is taking place within but for everything imaginable in the universe has a positive and negative but there is a special place in the middle that we can make as a void were things can be made possible like the fusion process and only gas which is denser than The air we breathe deuterium gas is the sheild that is being forced in to create that bubble around the fusing of these particals that are going to combine and make so much heat and energy that you cant contain it or cool it. Let me just say that I was a person that one night while driving my semi truck down an old country road way out in the middle of nowhere there was a car ahead of me that made a right at the road I was supposed to turn on as I did and I started up a little incline I caught in my peripheral a light that came from out of the great dark and beyond and it actually lite the whole entire area that in my little world I was inhospitable so bright that I could actually see everything as if it was high noon. And to know in my mind and that what just caused this was no bigger than the size of a grain of sand now sit and rap hour brain around that . Now only if one could contain such a magnificent moment of time in my lifetime we could shoot ourselves anywhere in the universe. Sometimes I catch myself in a daze working my brains brainstorming and asking myself how or on earth could actually contain such energies ?

Return to “Other Forms of Fusion - Theory, Construction, Discussion, URLs”