Question about fusion

This forum is for other possible methods for fusion such as Sonolumenescense, Cold Fusion, CANR/LENR or accelerator fusion. It should contain all theory, discussions and even construction and URLs related to "other than fusor, fusion".
Jack Rosky

Question about fusion

Post by Jack Rosky »

Hello,
My friend asked me (while I was explaining a fusor to him) "If you could only detect the neutrons coming from the fusor, how do we know that other reactions are taking place."
I was trying to figure it out. But, I could not give him an answer I was confident of.
If anyone knows please answer this post.
-Jack Rosky
P.S.
sorry if this is not in the section of the forums...i didn't know where to put it.
If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants.
-Issac Newton
Richard Hull

Re: Question about fusion

Post by Richard Hull »

We take the other particulates in the D-D fusion reactions on faith. Why? They are well documented and in those reactions neutrons are produced. Neutrons are just about impossible to get in measurable quantities any other way.

How could we prove the other reactions? Purchase a RGA (residual gas analyzer) with electron multiplier, ($4,000), and look for the Tritium and Helium signatures after considerable run time. Use an internally installed PIPs detector with associated MCA multi-channel analyzer. ($5,000+)

There is just no way to explain the low voltage occurance of copius amounts of neutrons coming from the fusor other than D-D fusion. DD fusion has two possible paths and four resultant particles with each reaction about equally likely. (50-50) probability.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “Other Forms of Fusion - Theory, Construction, Discussion, URLs”