The Make Design

This forum is for other possible methods for fusion such as Sonolumenescense, Cold Fusion, CANR/LENR or accelerator fusion. It should contain all theory, discussions and even construction and URLs related to "other than fusor, fusion".
brennanriddell

The Make Design

Post by brennanriddell »

http://makezine.com/projects/make-36-bo ... ear-fusor/

This reactor project seems very doable, and is written in a very concise way. It mentions that the creator doesn't run at high enough voltages to fuse Deuterium, but were you to use the same project base as detailed in the magazine (i.e., the same chamber, and an additional step-up transistor or series thereof to get 30,40kv), could you fuse Deuterium safely?

Best regards,

-Brennan
Richard Hull

Re: The Make Design

Post by Richard Hull »

Absolutely not! The make article is only a crude demo fusor and would never fuse to a level the amateur could detect. The glass chamber would be destroyed. It is a simple effort to wow the folks and not a serious device at all.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
brennanriddell

Post by brennanriddell »

Fair enough; I do believe I'll make this chamber for a mini fusor as a first timer, and to learn the basics of high vacuum, etc.

Perhaps later I will move to a stainless chamber to fuse deuterium.

Thanks again!

-Brennan
Dennis P Brown

Post by Dennis P Brown »

One main issue. The so-called vacuum gauge shown is completely useless and not worth buying or installing - a much more useful and very inexpensive Pirani gauges are available on ebay. A complete thermocouple based Pirani gauge offers good performance (for measuring between/under a torr and goes down to microns (10^-3 torr)) and is useful for testing that a two stage vacuum pump really works.

Return to “Other Forms of Fusion - Theory, Construction, Discussion, URLs”