More neat pictures

Current images of fusor efforts, components, etc. Try to continuously update from your name, a current photo using edit function. Title post with your name once only. Change image and text as needed. See first posting for details.
Andrew Robinson

More neat pictures

Post by Andrew Robinson »

Snapped some pics of the newest additions to the parts collection. Finally decided to shift some focus back to the control side of things. Spent this past weekend at machine shop and finished programming/machining the sub chassis for the compressor for the reactor. I'm sure some of you are asking "What for?". The system, when fully built will be entirely remotely operated, and more specifically, automated. The entire system - gas handling, valving, data collection, will be entirely computer controlled allowing me to dial in set parameters and functions. Started writing the code for everything about 2 years ago. Coming along nicely. The compressor seen here is a just a small re-purposed system that will interface with a custom manifold (pressure regulation, check valves, distribution, etc) that will power various valves and other misc components. Total complete overkill, but that's how I love it/demand it. Anything worth doing is worth over doing. I have also attached some screen shots of the CAD as well. Cheers!
Individual parts of sub chassis.
Individual parts of sub chassis.
Close up of the 3D tool path required to make way for welds on bottom of tank at the bolt tabs.
Close up of the 3D tool path required to make way for welds on bottom of tank at the bolt tabs.
Cross pieces. Every single part (nut, bolt, flange, wire, etc) in reactor is identified via part number and tied into custom computer system for tracking.
Cross pieces. Every single part (nut, bolt, flange, wire, etc) in reactor is identified via part number and tied into custom computer system for tracking.
New compressor chassis assembled. This sub assembly mounts into 80/20 chassis via vibration arrests similar to the roughing pump.
New compressor chassis assembled. This sub assembly mounts into 80/20 chassis via vibration arrests similar to the roughing pump.
Test fitting the tank.
Test fitting the tank.
The fan shrouds that came of the compressor were cheaply made of plastic so I rebuilt them from Al and black anodized them to match.
The fan shrouds that came of the compressor were cheaply made of plastic so I rebuilt them from Al and black anodized them to match.
More of new fan shrouds.
More of new fan shrouds.
Close up of newly installed aluminum (black anodized) fan shroud. They look much better in this picture.
Close up of newly installed aluminum (black anodized) fan shroud. They look much better in this picture.
Test fitting.
Test fitting.
Entire sub assembly.
Entire sub assembly.
Transparent wire view of compressor.
Transparent wire view of compressor.
Partial exploded view of compressor.
Partial exploded view of compressor.
I can wire anything directly into anything! I'm the professor!
Glen123

Re: More neat pictures

Post by Glen123 »

It's amazing that the entire system - gas handling, valving, data collection, will be entirely computer controlled.

Return to “Images du Jour”