Vacuum Chamber Complete

Current images of fusor efforts, components, etc. Try to continuously update from your name, a current photo using edit function. Title post with your name once only. Change image and text as needed. See first posting for details.
Charles Vorbach

Vacuum Chamber Complete

Post by Charles Vorbach »

So I've finally got a full stainless steel spherical vacuum chamber together.

The welding turned out nicely, other than one mix-up over an outside weld. I'm not going to worry about it until I start going for a full fusor though. I hear VacSeal works wonders.

I hope to build a high voltage feedthrough and make the connections between my high voltage supply, pump, and chamber in the next few weeks.
Nick Peskosky

Re: Vacuum Chamber Complete

Post by Nick Peskosky »

That looks like a great start to a quality Fusor, keep us posted as you move throughout your build! Are there additional ports mounted on the other half of the spherical shell or is it just a contiguous SS hemisphere? VacSeal works great for plugging minute leaks and you should also consider JB Weld, I've never had any issues with it out gassing after the 24h cure window.
Nick Peskosky
NPeskosky@gmail.com

"The whole of science is nothing more than the refinement of everyday thinking." - Albert Einstein
Charles Vorbach

Re: Vacuum Chamber Complete

Post by Charles Vorbach »

There are six ports, 2 CF and 4 KF, arranged in a symmetrical orientation.

Return to “Images du Jour”