Sharing hamfest booty images

Current images of fusor efforts, components, etc. Try to continuously update from your name, a current photo using edit function. Title post with your name once only. Change image and text as needed. See first posting for details.
Dan Knapp

Re: Sharing hamfest booty images

Post by Dan Knapp » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:59 pm

Slim pickings, but still interesting. I finally had an opportunity to attend the legendary M.I.T. Flea Market, held monthly during the “warm” months in the Albany Street parking garage. Today was the first of this year’s series. A lot of stuff changed hands, but for my interests, it was a bit of a disappointment. The Raleigh Hamfest flea market was bigger. I came away with a couple of small pressure gauges for $1 each, and a big water cooled heat sink made for large semiconductor modules ($5). I was expecting a lot more current vintage high tech stuff. It was quite cold for someone from SC, and the lighting in the garage is pretty poor. As shown in the photo, knowledgeable regulars come with a flashlight. If I was local, I’d still attend each month, but I didn’t find it worth traveling to attend.
Attachments
037C05F7-BA1D-4E91-BC72-B732793EFF43.jpeg
797C19C3-A075-4BD1-8727-43BBC70190B2.jpeg

Andrew Seltzman

Post by Andrew Seltzman » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:04 pm

I was just over there are the M.I.T. Flea Market as well, yes, it had pretty slim pickings. It probably has a bigger turn out in the summer.
Andrew Seltzman
www.rtftechnologies.org

Richard Hull
Site Admin

Post by Richard Hull » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:27 am

I have a friend who lives in Boston. Not to rain on any parades, but he says that the event is a shadow of its former self.

This is not to say there might not be a super killer deal awaiting the regular attendee who lives there. As the weather gets warmer keep reports coming on this event.

Most places have such events, (hamfests), only once each year. Thus, folks have time to store up, acquire, and resell more goodies in any geographic location.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
Retired now...Doing only what I want and not what I should...every day is a saturday.