Sharing hamfest booty images

Current images of fusor efforts, components, etc. Try to continuously update from your name, a current photo using edit function. Title post with your name once only. Change image and text as needed. See first posting for details.
Dan Knapp

Re: Sharing hamfest booty images

Post by Dan Knapp » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:41 am

I just visited the legendary Silicon Valley Electronics Flea Market in Fry’s parking lot in Sunnyvale. Compared to the season’s first MIT flea market, I would have to rate this one much better (although Andrew reported that the second MIT Flea had a much better turnout than the first one that I attended). The lighting here is also much better! I scored a few finds: some miniature connector coax patch cables for $1 each, a bag full of ISO flange claw clamps for $3, one 20K/100W resistor for $1 (after digging through many boxes of high wattage but very low resistance ones), and some small center drills (not in the photo). Not a big haul, but It was great fun rooting through boxes of high tech bric-a-brac. I saw a couple of high vacuum bellows valves, but they had been exposed to some very nasty stuff and were quite corroded inside. There was a fair amount of stainless gas plumbing and components (mostly VCR connectors) likely from the semiconductor industry. If I lived in the Bay Area, I’d definitely attend this one every month.
Attachments
D4B2D24A-B738-4E5F-B7BE-AF3212AC0CE7.jpeg
D658DD8D-5631-4B0C-9568-FE7DB4F99D1C.jpeg

Samuel Berman

Post by Samuel Berman » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:13 am

I was there too! I got an oscilloscope for $20.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't make."

Richard Hull
Site Admin

Post by Richard Hull » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:25 am

Alas, the large Manassas hamfest was a bust. Rained all day here and there, too. We were scheduled to leave at 6AM, but it was pouring and so, we bagged it. Mother nature, she owns it, big time.

Great stuff from the other fests above in this post. We often see a lot of vacuum stuff from scrapped fab lines.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
Retired now...Doing only what I want and not what I should...every day is a saturday.