Fusion Claim- Kuba and Noah

Current images of fusor efforts, components, etc. Try to continuously update from your name, a current photo using edit function. Title post with your name once only. Change image and text as needed. See first posting for details.
Andrew Seltzman

Re: Fusion Claim- Kuba and Noah

Post by Andrew Seltzman »

Nice, I'd say you've got a good measurement of neutrons there. Did you use up an entire lecture bottle of deuterium? What was your flow rate? Do you have a throttling valve between you chamber and the diffusion pump?
Andrew Seltzman
www.rtftechnologies.org
Kuba Anglin

Post by Kuba Anglin »

I bought the bottle from Greg, so he had used some of the deuterium. However, most was used by Noah and me. We used capillary tubing and a needle valve to leak in the gas. Throttling the pump with the 8" CF gate valve proved difficult, so we ended up wasting some D2 during our first runs. Our diffusion pump is very powerful, so just the slightest movement of the gate valve usually has unintended consequences. Now we are pretty good at perfecting the flow of D2 within our system and have been able to use less every time we try for fusion. I don't know where to easily get more deuterium so hopefully Noah and I have provided enough evidence for entry into the neutron club.

-Kuba
Kuba Anglin

Post by Kuba Anglin »

I just checked on the bubble detector and I noticed that the bubbles have grown in size. Here is what the detector looks like now:

I think I can see a sixth bubble if I peer from the top, but the label on the detector is making it hard to identify.

-Kuba
Kuba Anglin

Post by Kuba Anglin »

I calculated the rate of neutron production. I am a little confused how the units work out; I am just following Richard's FAQ. Why do roentgens cancel with hours? Isn't a roentgen comprised of charge per mass?

Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

For my money you have done fusion. I have admitted you to the fusion club. Good work.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Kuba Anglin

Post by Kuba Anglin »

Richard,

Thank you so much! Noah and I have been looking forward to this moment for many months. I have private messaged you as I have one small question.

Thanks,
Kuba
Greg Courville

Post by Greg Courville »

Congrats! Nice to see that you made it.

That pump must have been hungry! I don't think I ever managed to move the cylinder gauge more than an hair in several hours of D2 operation...
Jack Rosky

Post by Jack Rosky »

Congratulations from a fellow highschool fusioneer! Great work! Looking forward to see what you do further!
-Jack
If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants.
-Issac Newton

Return to “Images du Jour”