Fusion Reactor Video

Current images of fusor efforts, components, etc. Try to continuously update from your name, a current photo using edit function. Title post with your name once only. Change image and text as needed. See first posting for details.
Kuba Anglin

Fusion Reactor Video

Post by Kuba Anglin »

Hello,

I just finished editing a video that entails the complete construction and operation of Noah's and my fusion reactor. Check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrXIp1XA3wM&feature=youtu.be.

-Kuba
RobertTubbs

Re: Fusion Reactor Video

Post by RobertTubbs »

*beep* Mission control, we have a bubble. *beep*
Andrew Robinson

Post by Andrew Robinson »

Fantastic job guys! Excellent video too!
I can wire anything directly into anything! I'm the professor!
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

You guys will remember this project all your lives. A really nice system. I loved the really high dollar system assembly and then, at run time, you use radio shack alligator clips to carry the high tension killer voltage and for other hookups in the system.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Rex Allers

Post by Rex Allers »

The video is very well done.

Not fusor-related, but I'm curious what editing software was used? Was it done on a Mac, PC, etc. ?
Rex Allers
Kuba Anglin

Post by Kuba Anglin »

Rex,

I am glad you liked it. I used movie maker by Microsoft. It suits all of my needs. Just make sure not to move the raw video files once you put them into movie maker. Movie maker does not store videos in its saved files, but it pulls them from specified directories.

-Kuba
JoeBallantyne

Post by JoeBallantyne »

Great job, and a very nice video. Congratulations!
Paul_Schatzkin
Site Admin

Post by Paul_Schatzkin »

Hey guys, I really like the video and I'm thinking of posting it to the front page of the fusor.net site - I haven't updated that for too long and it needs something fresh.

A couple of questions: what's the setting here? I see some indoor and some outdoor footage, I couldn't tell if it was a home or an apartment. Do you share a domicile?

I'll have to dig around and get a little background info on you, too. But I'm sorta intrigued by "two guys who build a fusion reactor in their apartment/living room...."

I mean, who doesn't do that??

--P
Paul Schatzkin, aka "The Perfesser" – Founder and Host of Fusor.net
Author of The Boy Who Invented Television: 2023 Edition – https://amz.run/6ag1
"Fusion is not 20 years in the future; it is 60 years in the past and we missed it."
Kuba Anglin

Post by Kuba Anglin »

Thanks Paul,

To answer you questions: the reactor is in my bedroom. Noah's room is the one with the computers. Our family lives in a rental house. The outdoor footage was in the backyard. This video of our CO2 laser shows the entirety of my room prior to the reactor.

I posted this video to Reddit and it got a lot of attention (25K views!). However, not everyone liked it. I got some criticism from several people. Many wanted me to narrate the video as well as shorten its length in order to minimize confusion. Some disliked the song, others enjoyed it. In conclusion, I have decided to make another version of this video that will be directed at a layman audience. If you like the video as it is now, feel free to do what you wish. If you have some suggestions for the coming revised edition, I would love to know what you think.

If you have any questions, I will do my best to answer.

Thanks,
Kuba

Return to “Images du Jour”