Muhammad Faidzul Demo Fusor

Current images of fusor efforts, components, etc. Try to continuously update from your name, a current photo using edit function. Title post with your name once only. Change image and text as needed. See first posting for details.
Richard Hull

Re: Muhammad Faidzul Demo Fusor

Post by Richard Hull »

Nice rather clean unit and the air cooling is a real plus. The bellows valve is worth the entire price by itself. Instructions on diff pump usage and startup methods in the FAQs.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Muhammad Faidzul

Post by Muhammad Faidzul »

Hi Richard,

Yes, I guess I was lucky to stumble across this unit. I've been watching ebay nearly every day for the past couple of months just to stare at even the cheapest price unit (RM1200++) which I could not afford with my currency. Just for comparison, RM700 (item+shipping+tax of my unit) is around 1/3rd starting monthly salary of a graduated engineer in my country.

Currently im looking for neutron counters. I am thinking of buying those russian tubes and make my own circuit. I think i found a document in here somewhere with instructions on how to build it.

So today I tested the heater on my diffusion pump.
I found a 2000W step down transformer belonging to my father. It has two output. 100v and 115v.  But the device is rated at 110v. Since its near to 115v, i chose that outlet.
I found a 2000W step down transformer belonging to my father. It has two output. 100v and 115v. But the device is rated at 110v. Since its near to 115v, i chose that outlet.
Filled it with water and turned on power supply. Started to smell something burning (notice the smoke)
Filled it with water and turned on power supply. Started to smell something burning (notice the smoke)
Looking good. Its heating
Looking good. Its heating
The water boiled at around 10 minutes
The water boiled at around 10 minutes
Seriously, something smells like burning. I thought it was from the oil contamination outside the unit heated up.
Seriously, something smells like burning. I thought it was from the oil contamination outside the unit heated up.
Owh~
Owh~
So far the device seems good. I already left a 5 star rating to the seller.

Next I would need to save up to buy the oil. according to robofusor, it requires 50cc of oil. I found on ebay 100ml DC-704 for RM245. time to save up.
Rich Feldman

Post by Rich Feldman »

What a great idea, testing diffusion pump chamber and heater by using it as an electric teakettle.

I hope that some day, you can tell your children the story of the round burn on table top. May that be the worst damage you suffer from electrical accidents.
All models are wrong; some models are useful. -- George Box
Muhammad Faidzul

I don't think this is the worse accident yet. A few months ago, I set my Tesla Coil secondary capacitor (made out of thin aluminum exhaust fan duct) on fire. It had two toroids stack on top of the other. When turned on, it arced between those two due to poor connection and caught fire. In a panic, I can only think about blowing it out. After giving two very hard blow, luckily it extinguished :)
Muhammad Faidzul

Hi..

Its been a year and a half since my last post. Unfortunately i haven't been able to gather enough resources to build an actual fusor. Im still at plasma stage and have been playing with plasma since. I did manage to buy a vacuum gauge to measure my vacuum chamber and found out it was an awful setup. Lol

However, i did some experiments concerning plasma behaviour and ion thrusters. I would like to share a video i compiled that explains the setup. Your feedback is highly appreciated. Thanks

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wEpoXu7_HxA
Dennis P Brown

Post by Dennis P Brown »

Do not rule out local sources. Sometimes local places have equipment that they need to get rid of - refrigeration companies. They throw out small tanks that could be converted into a chamber with some cutting and welding; also, they might have an old vacuum pump they'd sell cheap. Of course, universities (see if they have the ability to let you test stuff there) and maybe they, if a private school, do at times, sell surplus equipment.

I got some nice NST's at a demolition site, once. Even a small varaic in a garbage dump (!) - I was salvaging old refrig compressors for a project related to studying cooling gasses and came across it.

Return to “Images du Jour”