Fusor progress, Finn Hammer

Current images of fusor efforts, components, etc. Try to continuously update from your name, a current photo using edit function. Title post with your name once only. Change image and text as needed. See first posting for details.
Dennis P Brown

Re: Fusor progress, Finn Hammer

Post by Dennis P Brown »

Finn, extremely nice chamber and impressive build for a fusor so far.

You might want to consider for the chamber vacuum gauge, a wire mesh screen at its entrance to prevent the plasma from interacting with interior electronics of that detector gauge. This arrangement works extremely well for my gauge (previously, I had major issues.) Also, metal support structures always require a good, independent ground to be on the safe side (I use two independent grounds for my fusor system - two standard wall outlets ground points (each on a separate circuit) and one to a water pipe.) That way, the star system handles the electronics/transformer and I have another grounding point used by the fusor body (connected in three places to handle o-ring issues) and master power supply cabinet as well as its cable.

I too live in a very rural area and despite my extreme commute, have to say (at least for now), well worth it living in the woods near a lovely stream in an even more lovely valley. So, I tend to agree that your delay is well worth that end result - besides, it will give you time to consider issues for a fusor you might have overlooked.

As you will often sign off, cheers.

Return to “Images du Jour”