Say hello to my little (HV) friends

Current images of fusor efforts, components, etc. Try to continuously update from your name, a current photo using edit function. Title post with your name once only. Change image and text as needed. See first posting for details.
John Myers

Re: Say hello to my little (HV) friends

Post by John Myers »

The HTR and RES pins were both a little bent. Luckily the vent port wasn't bent or the D2 magic could have leaked out. The device is heavy so I think people picking it up would end up pressing against the pins causing them to bend.
Roberto Ferrari

Post by Roberto Ferrari »

John

A crack in any of the ceramic-metal seals would impair the hermeticity.
John Myers

Post by John Myers »

That's good point. I was thinking along the lines of the vent tube being punctured/cracked.
The 'pins' you see are more of a terminal block that fit over the actual pin and have a set screw to attach to the pin. I'll remove it tonight and do a closer inspection.
John Myers

Post by John Myers »

The thyratron had a little ceramic chipped away by the pins but it doesn't look deep enough to be a problem.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got this Xray transformer earlier in the year off of Craigslist. The dentist even gave it to me for free when I told her it was for my electronics hobby.
I don't see any voltage/current specs. Does anyone have an educated guess in what they might be?

IMG_20171111_165859972.jpg
IMG_20171015_130851328.jpg
IMG_20171015_130942717.jpg
John Myers

Post by John Myers »

The inside of the spark gap transformer only had a transformer in it. It was already drained of oil.
I suppose the instructions on the case were for whatever system/unit it was part of.
Inside of spark Gap Transformer
Inside of spark Gap Transformer

Return to “Images du Jour”