Fusor Video/Talk

Current images of fusor efforts, components, etc. Try to continuously update from your name, a current photo using edit function. Title post with your name once only. Change image and text as needed. See first posting for details.
Tom McCarthy

Fusor Video/Talk

Post by Tom McCarthy »

I had a visit from Luis Flores Castillo recently. Luis has been heavily involved in the Higgs Boson research at CERN and is employed at the Chinese University of Hong Kong. He's been giving me some advice over the past year or so on my studies and had an opportunity to drop in for a look at the Fusor.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/KDMoENoTh8tuQN5m1

The linked video is a 15 minute description of the Fusor by me to him. You shouldn't need to sign in to any sort of account, but let me know if there's trouble and I'll try to upload it directly to the forum. Also, please do point out any mistakes I might have made if they're spotted!

It was great to get the opportunity to talk to someone in the know, gave me a real boost. I'm envious seeing the HEAS photos, as they seem like a fantastic time for coming together and discussing common interests with people of similar interests. Hoping the European event Werner is organising comes together at some time in the future.

On the topic of my own Fusor, I have almost everything except the high voltage supply (have deuterium, vacuum system, chamber, neutron detection). Luis is going to see if there's one that's going surplus at CERN. Hope it works out. Keeping a close eye on eBay in the meantime.

Tom
Richard Hull

Re: Fusor Video/Talk

Post by Richard Hull »

Any gathering of fusor folks no matter how small is a real blast. Two folks talking "fusor speak" can go on for hours. Three or more and you are going out to dinner together to talk fusor as your food gets cold.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “Images du Jour”