My Setup so far, and Finally Under Vacuum!!!

Current images of fusor efforts, components, etc. Try to continuously update from your name, a current photo using edit function. Title post with your name once only. Change image and text as needed. See first posting for details.
Thomas Henderson

My Setup so far, and Finally Under Vacuum!!!

Post by Thomas Henderson » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:52 pm

So after a year of parts collecting, I have finally pumped down my "collection" of misfit parts. I have vacuum!!! I am about $2300 in so far (including another xray transformer), the most expensive parts so far were the chamber, and Turbo pump. The cheapest to my surprise were the gauges. I am surprised how cheap one can get gauges with a analog 0-10v output... most people just skim over them online preferring ones with screens, but with a micro controller and a cool surplus display one can make an epic measurement system (real case coming soon) the Granville-Phillips 343 is my fav of the two, because the output is linear. I have managed to offset most of my project costs so far by actually renting out some of my parts to a local company who works with vacuum. people seem to love Turbo pumps <3
I feel it will still be awhile before I can start making neutrons, as I have a lot to work out on the HV side of things (and a garage to finish building), but this gets me started with all the vacuum fun I want to do.
Attachments
IMG_20180717_230225219.jpg
fusor.jpg