The start towards Fusion

Current images of fusor efforts, components, etc. Try to continuously update from your name, a current photo using edit function. Title post with your name once only. Change image and text as needed. See first posting for details.
Jess Williams

The start towards Fusion

Post by Jess Williams »

This is the plasma I created using an Edwards RV8, 2 MOT's one active and one as a inductive ballast to produce 2Kv @~250Ma. The inner grid is not the best but im on a budget using money I earned from landscaping over the summer, but the plasma is still there. During my 3rd test I accidentally started sputtering the copper and coated my aluminum and glass jar in a thin coating of copper. I would like to be added to the plasma club, and if anyone could point me in the direction of ways to obtain grants thanks would be an understatement. Fusion is the goal, plasma is the first step. (Also note in the photos with the more purple color my saulder melted and made one of the wires tip over.) I am already working on a better inner grid that is a little less ghetto and can actually hold a plasma concentration within it. Thank you.
IMG_1341.jpeg
IMG_1268.jpeg
IMG_1344.jpeg
IMG_1343.jpeg
Dan Knapp

Re: The start towards Fusion

Post by Dan Knapp »

Jess, I commend you on your creativity, but I must admonish you that you created a significant safety hazard. Any glass vacuum chamber carries some risk, but that glass jar is totally unsuited for vacuum use, especially with plasma inside. Even a glass vessel designed for vacuum use should have a safety shield around it. Trash the glass jar immediately, and consider yourself lucky that you survived the experiment without injury.

Return to “Images du Jour”