Archived - Interesting Fusor Pressure Data

Current images of fusor efforts, components, etc. Try to continuously update from your name, a current photo using edit function. Title post with your name once only. Change image and text as needed. See first posting for details.
Carl Willis

Archived - Interesting Fusor Pressure Data

Post by Carl Willis »

I leave this up and archive it due to the extreme informational nature of the material. R.H.

Here is a piece of data that I don't think I have posted yet. Notice how the pressure (red) spikes at the end of the run and then decays back to average. A similar effect was noted by Hirsch in 1967 in his gunned fusor, and he believed the burst was due to the release of deuterium that had been electrostatically confined. He even did some experiments that showed no such pressure rise when the ion beams were misaligned to avoid central collision.

This is likely to be the last data post from me for quite a while. I am graduating from Guilford and most of my stuff has already been taken apart or taken home. I hope to resume fusor-related projects at grad school, but it will take plenty of time to get settled. For one thing, I'd like to make another fusor that is a step up from the current one. I learned from my mistakes this time so I can do it easier and cheaper now. Thanks to all y'all for your help and sharing of knowledge and experience!

-Carl
Attachments
gasburst.jpg
Carl Willis
http://carlwillis.wordpress.com/
TEL: +1-505-412-3277

Return to “Images du Jour”