Archived - Amann fusor Eye Candy

Current images of fusor efforts, components, etc. Try to continuously update from your name, a current photo using edit function. Title post with your name once only. Change image and text as needed. See first posting for details.
plasmann

Archived - Amann fusor Eye Candy

Post by plasmann »

I added a few more shots of my fusor/plasma experiment system. These show the system with 1/8" lead shielding all around and 1/8" equivalet lead glass viewport cover. You can see more of the supporting equipment for the system. I'm now using a scroll pump for the clean rough vacuum, cryo and turbo pumps, differential seal diaphram pump, rga diaphram pump, water chiller, cryo compressor and cold head, pressure gauging and controls, NIM rack, neutron detector(in the margarita tub), and such. I have run the system at 80kV potential without external arcing and sustained plasma, but only at 1.5mA discharge. Currently I need to rebild the HV feedthrough, due to too much deposition on the pyrex, causing arcing in the chamber. I'm ready to run higher powers, but need to get everything operating smoothly before proceeding. I also need to get nuetron backgrounds with a new BF3 tube. Lots of things to do, not much time to get them done. I eventually plan on running a dual ion beams at 140kV 8kW each, I am interested what kind of reaction rates I can get with these.

Mike Amann
Attachments
IMAG0016.JPG
IMAG0014.JPG
imag0013.JPG
IMAG0590.JPG
IMAG0585.JPG
IMAG0586.JPG

Return to “Images du Jour”